Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    BCB owners tend to bash Phoenix for the use of plastic shrouded bow's and console's but personally I like the idea of being able to switch out the old one for a new one. I just bought a 2012 Phoenix 721 that had HB 999's flush mounted and am replacing the dash with the updated side by side console. If it were all fiberglass I would have a dash with a bunch of holes in it that may be difficult to cover. Both companies build great boats but to me the Phoenix way is more versatile. The BCB way when originally rigged looks very sharp and clean. To me it is not a deal breaker to have the plastic.
    what does the replacement cost? I was told about 300 dollars.

2. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    what does the replacement cost? I was told about 300 dollars.
    The dash mount I am getting is the side by side dual mount. I will need all new gauges so my cost is going to be around $500.00, my old one had the large gauges the side by side dual required the small ones. I'm guessing if the gauges were the same size the cost would be right around what you were quoted.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

The freakin Bass Cat consoles look like they're from 1977. Unless you park your boat out in the weather all year long you won't have any problem with the Phoenix console.
    If I had a cat I'd probably be wishing for a problem to get rid of the ugly thing.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    That’s why it’s nice to have choices. For the most part I like the looks of the Phoenix boats except the console. They look cheap to me. I’ll stick with my 1977 console

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Hmm so a choice of "cheap" VS "dated"? With a pair of 12" screens or a 16" hiding them how important is that?

6. Member
    I personally would run either brand and be happy and wont have a boat without gator baks again Ranger, Basscat, Phoenix, Skeeter etc all great boats.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Hmm so a choice of "cheap" VS "dated"? With a pair of 12" screens or a 16" hiding them how important is that?
    Russ, I'm not running dual 12s or a 16 so I don't have that worry . I think they both make a fine boat and it's good to have choices.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Russ, I'm not running dual 12s or a 16 so I don't have that worry . I think they both make a fine boat and it's good to have choices.
    From most of the ones I've seen, you'd have a hard time mounting even a single 12 without obstructing a gauge or having the wheel in the way. And I don't think the molded dash looks any cheaper than the one on your car or truck. I do think that Basscat makes a great boat, but their consoles look gaudy, out dated and less than functional to me.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-G View Post
    From most of the ones I've seen, you'd have a hard time mounting even a single 12 without obstructing a gauge or having the wheel in the way. And I don't think the molded dash looks any cheaper than the one on your car or truck. I do think that Basscat makes a great boat, but their consoles look gaudy, out dated and less than functional to me.

I have zero issue with mounted solix 12 on my basscat lynx. I can see all my gauges and no plastic. The only that that looks outdated is the passenger glove box. IF they could make that flush mounted and billet aluminum to match all other on boat, then it would look perfect. I came from a skeeter fx21 and can tell you basscat is a tank. Skeeter had the cheap plastic on the console and I hated it. I have added 2 pictures to give you an idea on the consoles. when you are hitting almost 80 in a boat you want something to protect you. To me, the console size is perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (702.4 KB, 146 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (692.9 KB, 101 views)

Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    I have zero issue with mounted solix 12 on my basscat lynx. I can see all my gauges and no plastic. The only that that looks outdated is the passenger glove box. IF they could make that flush mounted and billet aluminum to match all other on boat, then it would look perfect. I came from a skeeter fx21 and can tell you basscat is a tank. Skeeter had the cheap plastic on the console and I hated it. I have added 2 pictures to give you an idea on the consoles. when you are hitting almost 80 in a boat you want something to protect you. To me, the console size is perfect.
    Nice colors.

11. Member
    Both are great boats. Was dead set on getting a Phoenix at one point but once I really got into a cat TO ME the fit and finish was just second to none. You get great service with both brands. I think the console is great in a cat (despite some ppls opinion on here) it functions great and if you run dual screens the gauges can be moved to Accommodate. Good luck on your search. Get the boat that fits you the best and look at the points that mean the most to you. Build quality, layout, etc. good luck

IMO On a 21 foot boot--The Bass Cat is Heavier. The Phoenix middle compartment is nicer. The Bass Cat Carpet is thicker. The Phoenix Latches are nicer. The Bass Cat Battery Compartment is A LOT easier to get into. The Bass Cat Trailer is a slightly better trailer. Both are great boats. Both companies have great service. I was in a Jaguar and in a PHX now. Time will tell.

13. Member
    Ride fit and finish imo would be the phoenix, i owned an older pantera good boat as well. as for speed the bass cat will out run it, or at least the the 921. happen to me a couple of weeks back.lol

14. Member
    Got out of a 2009 Puma FTD and into a 2014 721 ProXP. The only advantage that goes to the Pheonix is the ride. Quality manufacturing in every aspect goes to the Bass Cat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234