Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has anyone ever had a pro stay at their home?

Just curious if anyone has had a pro stay at their place while while fishing a tournament at their home waters to save them a few bucks. Just seems like in a lot of Scott Martin videos he is always at some house other then a hotel.

2. Member
    A lot of those guys have switched to VRBOs for safety, theft reasons. Rampant issues at hotels.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has had a pro stay at their place while while fishing a tournament at their home waters to save them a few bucks. Just seems like in a lot of Scott Martin videos he is always at some house other then a hotel.
    I'm sure as long as him and his father have been around they probably know a lot of people and can get vacation homes at times. But ive also seen videos where they talk about renting houses for tournaments. Probably get a lot from vrbo.

4. Member
    If you go out to the bassmaster site a bunch got together and rented an airplane hanger. Its a little hard to find as IMO that site is hard to navigate but should be there if you scroll down.

Yes. A few times.

6. Member
    Define "pro" lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

7. Member
    Yes. I fished in a pro/am one time and told this pro if he ever came to my lake he could stay with us.

Three or four years later I get a call asking if I would be able to to accommodate him for a tournament scheduled on my lake.

It was quite an experience. He let me pre fish with him and showed me some areas I didn't know about.

It was a fun/positive experience.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by like2fish2 View Post
    Yes. I fished in a pro/am one time and told this pro if he ever came to my lake he could stay with us.

Three or four years later I get a call asking if I would be able to to accommodate him for a tournament scheduled on my lake.

It was quite an experience. He let me pre fish with him and showed me some areas I didn't know about.

It was a fun/positive experience.
    That sounds like a cool experience!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    Joe Thomas stayed at my lake house on Table Rock for an FLW event.

10. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Define "pro" lol
    Anyone wearing a jersey...

11. Member
    Guy in my old club had a bunch of pros stay at his place the couple times there was a big tournament on the CT. River. The same guy was also good friends with whoever it is that booked the coanglers back in the days of the top 150s. If he was traveling and wanted to plan his travels around an event he would see if there was an opening and fish it if possible.

12. Member
    I've had a friend host a pro for a tournament. I've had one stay with me over night en route to one. Lots of them rent houses too....8/9days as t a location must nicer to be in a house and cook and park

13. Banned
    I know one big name pro, he wanted to know if he could stay at my place. I said sure and then he asked me if we could go "Spooning". I never talked to him again.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Every one of those I've seen are rentals...

That said, a lot of guys will stay with friends / family in some locations. Housing (hotels/rentals) is ridiculously short in Waddington and more than a few guys stay with local families there, some have become good friends.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Anyone wearing a jersey...
    What's the minimum patch count?

16. Member
    I was thinking more like the lesser known BASS guys that was trying save what they could in expenses. I just used SM as an example cause I thought I heard him say one time the house was a friend of his.

17. Member
    Yes. Have had several and got to prefish the opens with most of them. Never had a bad experience.

18. Member
    Yes I stay at my house all the time, any more questions........jk

19. Banned
    I rented my house at Fork out to four pros for the Texas bass fest in May.

20. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    What's the minimum patch count?
    Gotta have 1 to Grow The Sport...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast