Best Winter Baits For Santee Cooper?

Just wondering what everybody's been catching bass on as of late. I mostly fish Lake Marion and put in at John C. Land and sometimes Pack's. It seems like the only place I can get bit right now is under and around docks on a bladed jig. Been catching some quality fish but they're few and far between. Any suggestions.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

Probably not gonna get much info. There are some big money tournaments on santee the next couple of weeks.

3. Allan Collins
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac4685 View Post
    Probably not gonna get much info. There are some big money tournaments on santee the next couple of weeks.
    What he said ��

I've never fished there this time of year. But, my buddies always said that this time of year it was crankbaits.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Where do most of these tournaments launch from?

Most are out of John C Land Landing on Lake Marion.Black’s Fish Camp on Lake Moultrie get some big ones & also Canal Lakes gets a couple of big ones.

7. Member
    Didn’t realize what baits people are using this time of year was such top secret information. You would think I was asking for nuclear launch codes....lol

Not much of a secret that mop jigs are a goto bait at Santee in prespawn. I have always found santee to be a very tough place in pre-spawn. Although many people slay the monsters down there! Also, we have had success in prespawn dragging a very light c-rig in staging areas. Just a 1/4 to 3/8 oz slip sinker pegged about 18" in front of a senko. Use around the cypress trees with the jig.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!