2017 X19 Set Up Help

I have a question for those that have the newer X19 that have tried to get the most out of their boats please give me some set up help. What prop, jackplate and motor height performs the best on your boats? This is my second X19 with a 200 Opti with a 10" manual jackplate and this one has a different hull than the previous model, its flatter and wider on the bottom. I ran a 26p trophy plus (4 blade) on the older model and it ran low 70's empty and upper 60's loaded. The 2017 turns the 26p trophy above rev limiters regardless of motor height, I've tried some different props and the 3 blades seem to perform better on this hull which is opposite of the older hull. I've ran the motor from 3" below ptp to 4.5" below ptp and it lifts and perform better around 4" below ptp but I'm not sure I have the right prop or have the motor height right for the props I've tried. The local dealerships don't have demo props so I am limited on props to try and on top of all of that it's cold running up and down the river trying to set up a boat....lol

2. Member
    Welcome to the club of trying to figure it out. I think what I’ve seen is that it’s rare that everyone has the same setup and just need to find what works for you. Lots of x19 with the 175 and a 6” setback as that’s the norm from factory. From my experience playing around with it for a year and reading all the forums I could find, a 3 blade at the right height and pitch can get you the best top end speed for sure... but you have to drive it because you lose lots of control. As soon as you load the boat (2 people, gear, full tank of gas) speed drops quickly and so does hole shot. I’ve gone to a 4 blade at 3.75 ptp, lost about 2mph but handles so much better overall and don’t lose as much when I load the boat. I think most xpress owners will tell you these boats handle best with a lot of stern lift, which is why most run a 4 blade. So you have to ask yourself do you want speed that is easy to kill (tournament load and hot weather) and hard to handle at times (3 blade), or do you want all around great performance with a little less speed (4 blade)?

3. Member
    Marks 24xl4 has been the best all around prop for me. It will come out of the hole with any load I have put on the boat (way overloaded) and still will touch 70 with 1/2 tank of fuel and 2 guys with gear. I have a 10 hydraulic plate and normally run 3" prop to pad. If I am running to the limit I am 1-3/4". Ran and have a bunch of different props and the 4 blades are the best all around. I have a worked 25 tempest that is a heavy 26 and it is great on the top but suffers everywhere else. I have not tried my 27t-1 now that I have a different ECU but I can't believe it will be as good out of the hole and mid-range as the 24xl is. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    Thanks guys