Thread: Ned Rig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Zinker or senko with a 1/8 nail weight in the nose. A 1/0 wacky worm hook set about 1/3 of the baits length from the tail on 8 lb line 20 to 50 ft deep this time year in the reservoirs near me in Ca. Zinkers hold up a lot better and seem to get bit a little better as well. If you are getting small ones at 20 ft, drop it to 30 ft. or more. Expect fewer bites but more weight. I have caught spots on lake Shasta as deep as 110 ft in the middle of winter. Trust your electronics
    That's neko rigging, a completely different rig than the ned

Yes as known to most it is
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Go fishing for deep (20-40ft) smallmouth with a Z-Man TRD and a Berkley 3/8 half head and have the time of your life!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Go fishing for deep (20-40ft) smallmouth with a Z-Man TRD and a Berkley 3/8 half head and have the time of your life!
    That keeper work that well with Elaztech plastic?

5. Member
    Yes it does, it works pretty much flawless!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I have caught fish using the Ned Rig swimming it, hopping it, dragging it and other ways I'm sure. The point here is the Ned Rig WILL catch you fish.
    The Ned Rig is my go to bait when I am needing to finish out my limit for the day. Now.....I have yet to catch that 5+ pounder on one and that might be the only down side to using this bait. Number wise, you will catch a good number of fish on it.
    I tend to agree most fish it as a shakey head, nothing wrong it that but I think this bait lends itself into doing that. I find I have caught most by dragging it and not hopping it. I call it the two tap bait, two taps and I am setting the hook in a side ways set. You will lose fish setting it by coming straight up with your hookset. I fact, its not really even a hook set, the hook is set when you finish your sweeping action.
    I caught 25 bass yesterday on Table Rock using the same technique, 1/8 oz head, let it sink to the bottom, slow drag it. Swimming it right now isn't working as well. There's different ways to fish it, depends on the water temp, time of year and so on. No one should lock themselves in to there's only one way to fish it mentality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12