Banned

Hi Vis vs Lo Vis line

I know Hi Vis line is so we can see the line move on light bites. Can the fish not see Hi Vis? It doesn't spook them?

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I use hi-vis almost chartreuse 8 lb. line for all my crappie reels and always catch as much as my buddies who use smaller clear line. I love this line for tight lining jigs as its sensitive and very strong.
    Last edited by local16; 01-27-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Dale Sinclair original

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I use Vicious 1,2 & 4 lb Hi Vis Panfish on the ice Paul.

Scares 'em right into the freezer...

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    5lb hi vis yellow power pro for vertical and 6 lb clear berkley crystal braid for casting.

5. Member
    I use hi-vis yellow braid for main line and actually just use a leader of Berkeley Mono XL 4lb. I started doing this a few years ago just like my spinning rod bass set ups. It surprised me how much better my hookset is with a wind bow in the line, lots of line out, or just a light bite. Fish are always pinned just right. Definitely recommend a mono leader tho not floro, the 4lb floro just doesn’t hold up.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    I use hi-vis almost chartreuse 8 lb. line for all my crappie reels and always catch as much as my buddies who use smaller clear line. I love this line for tight lining jigs as its sensitive and very strong.
    This came already spooled on my Mr Crappie rod/reel combos I recently bought. I never used Hi Vis before and was thinking of respooling. I've been using Mr. Crappie camo for a number of years. Guess I'm just overthinking. In the past, I've had issues with trout in clear water that wouldn't hit braid, only fluoro. Thought it might be a concern with crappies as well.

7. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    This came already spooled on my Mr Crappie rod/reel combos I recently bought. I never used Hi Vis before and was thinking of respooling. I've been using Mr. Crappie camo for a number of years. Guess I'm just overthinking. In the past, I've had issues with trout in clear water that wouldn't hit braid, only fluoro. Thought it might be a concern with crappies as well.
    I haven't seen any negatives with it. Used it all last year and caught a ton of fish on it.

Dale Sinclair original

8. Member
    I use hi-viz braid but with a leader of fluorocarbon at times for better lure action and slow retrieves.

9. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I use Hi Viz from Mr. Crappie, Bass Pro Crappie Max and from Bonehead. I may get outfished (Happens Often) but I dont think its because of the line.

10. Member
    Another vote for 8-10lb PowerPro HiVis yellow. I do take a black magic marker and color the line about 2' up from the jig head - not sure if this really makes any difference or not but makes me feel like it does. Braid sure gets the light biters and I usually get most of my jigs back when they hang up. And with Sooner on this one, I sometimes get back-seated but its likely not the line!

11. Member
    I use Hi Vis line on all my spnning reels with a short leader most of the time. When not using leader I also blacken the last 12" of line.
    Last edited by BigRiverrat; 03-09-2019 at 10:24 AM.

12. Member
    Love hi Vis braid on all my spinning reels, add short leader when fishing is slow.