Ultrex foot pedal

Hi guys I'm looking to replace my motor guide with an ultrex. For those of you that have done it, did you have to cut into your deck at all to accommodate the ultrex foot pedal? Boat is a 2002 2200dc.

Also I'm leaning towards a 45". Hoping it should be long enough. I currently have a 52" raised up a bit, but hate the motor head sitting so high as I like to flip and pitch alot.

2. Member
    Lol, literally just posted this about my outlaw.

3. Member
    Lol...both at 924a.m.....maybe we can get a discount doe buying in bulk

4. Member
    Buy one get one!?!

5. BBC SPONSOR
    The pedal fits in the recess of the 2100. Imagine its the same on the 2200. Snug but it fits. Get prepared for trying to see over it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblerfreak View Post
    The pedal fits in the recess of the 2100. Imagine its the same on the 2200. Snug but it fits. Get prepared for trying to see over it.
    literally the only reason i haven't made the switch....they eye soar
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Member
    I can’t say the fortrex the easiest to see over. Not bad looking to me however they are bulky.

I’m still waiting for MotorGuide to match it... it will be more sleak guaranteed...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

The new one coming from lowrance might be an alternative also

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    I’m still waiting for MotorGuide to match it... it will be more sleak guaranteed...
    MotorGuide = Mercury! Lowrance??? Both companies struggle with new products. And Lowrance and their acumen regarding product updates is a universal joke. So tis’ with baited breath I wait. I own both now. I test drove a buddies Ultrex and absolutely loved the steering control aspect. I have an Xi5 and though I detest the foot control I will not change until/unless someone develops a wireless foot control that actually works well. I simply do not want to return to the days of cable/wires covering the front deck.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss1908 View Post
    Hi guys I'm looking to replace my motor guide with an ultrex. For those of you that have done it, did you have to cut into your deck at all to accommodate the ultrex foot pedal? Boat is a 2002 2200dc.

Also I'm leaning towards a 45". Hoping it should be long enough. I currently have a 52" raised up a bit, but hate the motor head sitting so high as I like to flip and pitch alot.
    The pedal flits snug; however, I had to go to a machine shop and have a 3" extension built for the stabilizer bar mount. Works great