Sandwich bracket install question

Preparing to install dual talons using the sandwich brackets. I have everything I need to pull or at least support the motor. I understand I will need to use some marine grade silicon on the brackets. Problem is I’m not sure where it should be applied. Can someone please give me some pointers on this? Thanks in advance for the advice.

2. Member
    In most cases, you'll have to change the outboard bolts (the originals are usually to short when you add the thickness of the Talon brackets). When you put the new bolts in, put silicone on the bolts and twist them as they go through the transom. Then, but silicone on the outside of the transom around the bolts. This will push up into the holes and flatten as you tighten the nuts on the outside of the motor.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    John, thanks for the information. If I do in fact need longer bolts is there a certain grade of Bolt recommended?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Stainless Grade (A-2) is the norm I believe, John can correct me if im wrong.