Problems With Revo Premier PRM 20 Spinning Reel?

Abu Garcia sent me two PRM 20 spinning reels to replace the Gen 1 spinning reels that broke at the shaft. The two Gen 2 PRM's that Abu Garcia sent me to replace two of the Gen 1 reels had/have problems with anti reverse clutch since the first time I used them. Very frustrating when you are fighting a fish and the clutch goes causing the reel to spin backwards causing a mess. Has anyone else had this problem? The two new reels has had clutch problems since I took them out of the box. I've had problems with Abu spinning reels from the Gen 1 shafts breaking to the anti reverse clutch on the Gen 2s.

If anyone has any input on these PRM 20 spinning reels I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

2. Banned
    Jay I had four of them . Two twenties a ten and a thirty. All four had the same problem you’re having. They replaced the SX10 and it worked for about a month. Started happening again when reeling in a small bass. I got rid of them . Maybe I got five lemons

3. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. So far I'm not sold on Abu Garcia products. Very disappointed.

4. Banned
    Maybe that is why alot of spinning reels are coming with no anti reverse switch. The newer model Shimano Stradic Ci4's & Pflueger Patriarch Xt's I have went away from them

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    Maybe that is why alot of spinning reels are coming with no anti reverse switch. The newer model Shimano Stradic Ci4's & Pflueger Patriarch Xt's I have went away from them
    I agree Champ. I suck at backreeling too

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    I agree Champ. I suck at backreeling too
    I never backheel either. Even when smallie fishing on Great Lakes. With the quality of drags on spinning reels, no need to

7. Member

8. Member
    I'm on my third higher end Abu garcia spinning reel and they all have been flawed. I made a big investment and picked the wrong company for spinning reels. When you spend $250 on a spinning reel you would expect to have a reel that doesn't jam up or get packed so heavily with grease it can't be used in cold weather due to grease hardening.