Lucas M

Fish and Ski - No Windshield

Has anyone taken a glass fish and ski and removed the windshield? I am a bass guy and would prefer a bass boat, but have a family so the nitro 188 sport works well for me, but the dang windshield gets in my way for skippin and even just driving around.

Has anyone removed their windshield and put bubbles on instead? If so, would love to know how it went, where you found your bubble windshields, and see some pics of it!

Thanks !

2. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=694245

4th post down. Do a search. Somewhere on here Jeff gave the details of having them made by custom mold and tint, (I believe).
    I'd Rather be Fishing

3. Member
    I am thinking about doing the same thing, my ranger windshield cost me a fingernail last week and who knows how many gallons of fuel traveling to the lake

4. Member
    Windshield still on my Triton Allure 186, But I did remove my tall windshield that came with the boat and went with a low profile windshield so that boat would fit in garage..

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you use it for skiing, you’ll have lots of complaining from cold kids. Even when it’s hot enough to ski, running in the evening at 50 with no windshield and a wet bathing suit is cold.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Lucas M
    I thought about that, but i only have an infant right now, so by the time she is old enough to ski or tube I will hopefully be out of this boat!

My next months project is to install an additional livewell in the back of my nitro. It has 2 compartments, but only one smaller well that can not hold a 5 fish limit. So looking at cutting into the floor, removing the small livewell, installing a larger well, and putting in a new single long door/latch. That way i dont need to replumb or add additional pumps/drains.

Wish me luck! I will post before and after pics once I am done.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasm01 View Post
    I thought about that, but i only have an infant right now, so by the time she is old enough to ski or tube I will hopefully be out of this boat!

My next months project is to install an additional livewell in the back of my nitro. It has 2 compartments, but only one smaller well that can not hold a 5 fish limit. So looking at cutting into the floor, removing the small livewell, installing a larger well, and putting in a new single long door/latch. That way i dont need to replumb or add additional pumps/drains.

Wish me luck! I will post before and after pics once I am done.
    Please keep us updated on the windshield project... I have an '18 Nitro Z19 Sport, which I'm considering modding into a double-bubble. Haven't yet reached out to Custom Mold & Tint. I think that our consoles are nearly the same. Mine is setup as a striper fishing machine (basically a wannabe multi species), and I just don't like the full glass. While the glass makes for warmer runs when it's 20 deg on the lake, I found last summer that it made for miserably-sweltering boat rides when the sun is scorching 95 deg with 90% humidity. Even with the center section left open, everyone was standing up to catch a breeze and dry sweat.

8. Lucas M
    Will do Greywalls.
    I am mainly doing it cause i'm sick of it getting in my way for skippin docks and have already put a chip in it from a piece of tungsten.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasm01 View Post
    Will do Greywalls.
    I am mainly doing it cause i'm sick of it getting in my way for skippin docks and have already put a chip in it from a piece of tungsten.
    I know it's been awhile, but was just curious whether you ever tackled your windshield project. I'm thinking about at least removing the center section, but haven't yet figured out how to finish the hinge-side so that it looks clean.