How's this setup for a weekend warrior?

Had a Humminbird 798 HD SI on the console. Used it mainly for the map and for SI/2D once in a while.

On the bow, had a small Lowrance unit. Now I cant remember which one it was. I think it was just a 5" screen and I mainly used it for map and 2D. Being from the PNW, I really liked my Navionics maps. I only fished in freshwater lakes.

Now I have no units but thinking Garmin is the way. I really like what I've been seeing with Livescope. My understanding is, SI and Clearvue isn't the greatest, but it's usable. Here's what I think my shopping list will be.

On console, Echomap Plus 93sv w/o transducer($850). Then add the Ultra High-Definition Scanning Sonar System($600).

On the bow, Echomap Plus 93sv w/o transducer($850). Then add Livescope($1500). If I run out of money, I might just add the stock transducer to the front instead or maybe just use 2D off built in trolling motor transducer until I have enough for Livescope.

If I understand this correctly, I can link both units and Livescope to the UHD blackbox, so I can share and see readings from any of the units.

My main question is, this means no more input ports, how can I still get 2D reading on the bow, either with an additional transducer or built in trolling motor transducer.

My other question is, the UHD transducer has no issues reading on plane, does it? What I want it good tracking of depth. I don't plan on marking fish as I'm on full blast, but if it does, that's a bonus.

Also, it's my understanding, you cant mix the Echomap Plus and the 10X2 models right? As in sharing all the data and stuff.

2. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    I would go.with a transducer for the bow. That way you can still have side, and down up front of what's actually below you.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    For the unit on the console, why would you not install a 2d ducer??? The UHD does not do 2d, just side and down....i'd recommend getting the GT 8 or GT 15 for 2d. I'd also say get a ducer for the front....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Just an FYI, but I bought a 93sv WITH transducer from Cabela's for $599 last week. Not showing on the website, but I called and they had them.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Is that the Chirp or Plus model????

6. Member
    That’s for the plus...they are closing those out and the new ones have the gt transducer and the g3 maps

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonHaske View Post
    I would go.with a transducer for the bow. That way you can still have side, and down up front of what's actually below you.
    I just don't fish that way and I don't see how it'll be beneficial for my style.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    For the unit on the console, why would you not install a 2d ducer??? The UHD does not do 2d, just side and down....i'd recommend getting the GT 8 or GT 15 for 2d. I'd also say get a ducer for the front....
    What? I assume all these transducers had a basic 2D functionality. It never crossed my mind it wouldn't.

Wtf

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    Just an FYI, but I bought a 93sv WITH transducer from Cabela's for $599 last week. Not showing on the website, but I called and they had them.
    do you have the item number for Cabelas?

10. Member
    after a long hold, they found it...….item number 027372 sku 04934802 still have over 1000 in stock for $599

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    What? I assume all these transducers had a basic 2D functionality. It never crossed my mind it wouldn't.

Well its always good to check and ask question prior to ordering.....correct the UHD does not have it.....like wise, the GT 30 also does not have the 2d element.......

12. Member
    Hmmm, the more I think about it. I'm thinking I don't want a Garmin at the console. I'm just not sold on the lack of quality SI on them. I'm still super impressed by Livescope though. That is definitely a game changer.

I've been eyeballing the Lowrance HDS Live series. Specifically the 9 size for the console. It's the biggest I'm willing to spend on, even though I'm sure I would LOVE the 12" screen model, lol. I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far. The Humminbird Helix MEGA+ looks promising, but looking at the screens, I notice the reports of what appear to be an zoomed image. Seems misleading.

I would hate to do a mismatch setup again, but I think having the Garmin at the bow with Livescope and the Lowrance HDS Live on the console would work pretty well for my fishing needs.

I am curious to see how Lowrance's version of Livescope will perform. If it's equal to Garmin, no reason to have mismatched units....

13. Member
    Update on this thread.

Went with the Cabela's deal. Got 2 93sv+ units. Ditching plans for the UHD. Will just use 1 of the CV transducer. Bought the GMS10 hub. I also bought the Minn Kota US2 adapter. I still need the Garmin pin adapter to use on the bow unit..... until I know for sure I can get the Livescope.

My plan is to pick up a 20' Garmin network cable and some terminal ends and just cut the cord to length. Is that pretty much everything I'll need?

14. Member
    Personally, I would want a Garmin transducer on the TM. For the chirp. Maybe GT8 or GT15 depending on how much you are willing to spend.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also why cut the network cable and possibly have issues??? I'll also agree with Leonard, put a Garmin ducer upfront.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Also why cut the network cable and possibly have issues??? I'll also agree with Leonard, put a Garmin ducer upfront.
    Issues with cut cords is unlikely but possible I guess. Reason is for custom lengths. Especially if you have a short run.

I didn't want to add another transducer on the trolling motor because I don't like running the transducer cable along the trolling motor instead of being built in.

Are you guys recommending the GT8/GT15 transducer up front, and Livescope?