Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2112 View Post
    The "Gunny" stepped up, served his country, trained new generations of young Marines to fight and survive, then spent 14 months in country. He is not on the list of "Hollyweird badasses".

Meanwhile, a different self-proclaimed "Vietnam Era Vet" is getting all kinds of accolades for beating a drum in a teenagers face.
    Funny how a hat can get people whipped up, almost as bad as a fishing jersey...

2. Member
    I met him multiple times at MCRD San Diego, he was quite the character. Not to be negative, he ate up the attention and didn't mind imbibbing a bite. A truism--he never met a microphone he didn't like. Glad I got to meet him...

3. Banned
    The "Gunny" stepped up, served his country, trained new generations of young Marines to fight and survive, then spent 14 months in country. He is not on the list of "Hollyweird badasses".

Meanwhile, a different self-proclaimed "Vietnam Era Vet" is getting all kinds of accolades for beating a drum in a teenagers face.
    And a guy who dodged the draft entirely is President. Funny how that worked out, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    And a guy who dodged the draft entirely is President. Funny how that worked out, huh?
    What's your service history?

5. Banned
    Marine Corps. 0311. '85 - '91.

Marine Corps. 0311. '85 - '91.
    Thank you for your service. He's still the CIC and President... Get over it.

7. Banned
    MAGA

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    Thank you for your service. He's still the CIC and President... Get over it.
    You being a grunt, I am sure it is not the first time you disagree with someone who outranks you. It doesn’t mean their orders carry less weight.

Just curious how you misjudging R. Lee Ermeys accomplishments, has anything to do with the current Commander in Chief?
    Last edited by USMC2112; 01-26-2019 at 05:34 AM.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

NSFW language....but hilarious
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

10. Member
    That phrase can be interpreted several ways. It's in the eye of the author and the reader.
    Whichever, it is abrasive.
    I don't think either would apply to Ermey.

11. Member
    He is now behind the trigger of John Browning’s most endearing design with an endless belt and a never ending supply of watermelons.

12. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Badass? As I recall he was in supply. Air wing no less.

Hollywood badass maybe....
    Have you ever served in a far away land that was under siege and people where dying all around you?(In any capacity?) Just wondering... And thanks for your service, no matter what your specialty was and where you served..I consider anyone that volunteers to be in our armed forces a badass!!!!

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

13. Banned

14. Member
    Nice try but the duffelblog is all satire just like The Onion. This is the epitome of “fake news” but only because that is how it is intended. FYI the current CIC is not the first on that used his rich daddy’s connections to avoid Vietnam (does Slick Willie ring a bell?).
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175

15. Banned
    The current cic aside, my point being that "The Gunny" as he liked to be called is considered by those outside the Corps as a real bad ass as mentioned previously by another poster. Within the Corps he is considered a good actor.

Lots of snowflakes in this thread it seems. The imaginary Gunny Hartman would tell most of you to grow a pair.

:)

16. Member
    Awesome,resort to name calling because at every turn you get shot down. Speaking from my 20 years worth, the people in the Corps that I knew appreciated the attention and dedication to the Corps he displayed after leaving, but also respected his “once a Marine, always Marine” mentality. A real life Drill Instructor who gained notoriety by being a pretend Drill Instructor is a hell of a lot better than the actors who make millions playing make believe and take ever opportunity to shit on those who have actually taken the oath and done something about it. This is turning into something it wasn’t intended to be so to you I will say Semper Fi, Leatherneck and to the Gunny, Fair Winds and Following Seas.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175

17. Banned

Awesome,resort to name calling because at every turn you get shot down. Speaking from my 20 years worth, the people in the Corps that I knew appreciated the attention and dedication to the Corps he displayed after leaving, but also respected his “once a Marine, always Marine” mentality. A real life Drill Instructor who gained notoriety by being a pretend Drill Instructor is a hell of a lot better than the actors who make millions playing make believe and take ever opportunity to shit on those who have actually taken the oath and done something about it. This is turning into something it wasn’t intended to be so to you I will say Semper Fi, Leatherneck and to the Gunny, Fair Winds and Following Seas.
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12