Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Results of September NoAl tournament on Wilson

We had a very good turnout for our September NoAl tournament on Wilson. The fishing seems to have picked up a little in terms of quality as well as quantity. There were a bunch of limits weighed in and we even had a decent number of 2 1/2 to 4 1/5 pound fish brought to the scales.

First place went to the team of Mike Kelley & Kasey Wooten with a 5-fish limit weighing a total of 11.8 pounds. Their winning stringer was anchored by a 4.4 pound largemouth which was also good enough for big fish honors. Chris Fortney and I were fortunate enough to place second with a limit going a total of 11.7 pounds.

Thanks again to everyone who was able to attend and I look forward to seeing everyone next month!

As a reminder, next month's tournament will be the annual SoAl/NoAl "Meet and Greet" on Mitchell the 2nd of October. Eddie, Rick and all the SoAl guys really do a great job putting all of it together and I'm really looking forward to seeing all the guys again. I sure hope I have my boat back by then!

Re: Results of September NoAl tournament on Wilson (AveryF)

Congrats to the winners. We enjoyed it and it was good to see everybody again.

3. Moderator

Re: Results of September NoAl tournament on Wilson (bonzter)

Congrats guys. Wish I could have stuck around and saw where my donated money was going...

Since I was by myself, the wife brought my son down when he woke up while she went to town and ran some errands. We fished a little (well, I fished, he watched the graph), rode around a little, and then took out to go watch the Trail of Tears come through.

I can say this, it was one of the prettiest mornings I've been on the water in a long time.

Jason Phillips

4. Member

Re: Results of September NoAl tournament on Wilson (Jason Phillips)

Nice pics bro. Thats my favorite part of being out on the water.

5. Moderator

Re: Results of September NoAl tournament on Wilson (Eric B)

I believe that 2nd pic was while I was sitting in that spot you caught that nice'n a couple years ago in the FOM.

You need to get your butt off work some, quit worrying about this youth football stuff, and come fish with me.
    Jason Phillips

6. Member

That will happen in about 6 more games.We are 2 and 0 with 44 points scored and 14 points allowed.I got to take care of business on the field first.

7. Moderator

Re: Results of September NoAl tournament on Wilson (Eric B)

Then you going to buy my boat?

Hard to believe it hasn't sold for this price yet. Oh well. Guess I'll keep using it til it does.
    Jason Phillips

8. Member

I'm going to start calling Eric 'Saban #2'. He definately has his x's and o's figured out!

9. Member

Re: Results of September NoAl tournament on Wilson (Dennis S.)

I wish I could buy the boat but that aint going to happen. Dennis Im no Saban but Im 4and 0 with a avg. of 24 points a game. Today we shut them down and won 12-0.