Livescope vs HB 360 or both?

Currently have and learning more about HB 360 as time goes by. Does anyone use both technologies at the bow or is that overkill? What is learning curve on Livescope, anybody ditch 360 in favor of livescope? Pros-cons? Thanks

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    It seems the majority keeps the 360 and uses both.....or at least that's what they post on here....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass View Post
    Currently have and learning more about HB 360 as time goes by. Does anyone use both technologies at the bow or is that overkill? What is learning curve on Livescope, anybody ditch 360 in favor of livescope? Pros-cons? Thanks
    I have both, but just recently installed the Livescope. I haven't made up my mind if I'm keeping the 360 or not.

4. Member
    I ditched the 360 for Garmin Panoptix. Was hesitant to make the jump until I saw the actual users video...not the promo video, but it has been everything I thought it would be. With the 360, I was getting what they called good imaging, not great...and I assure you it is nothing like the promo videos. More like blurred side imaging, due to the rotation.

I have 360 and original Panoptix. After using both, I would never get rid of 360. One pass of the 360 and I know where everything is around me.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

6. Banned
    I use both and each has its purpose. Together I can see them being an awesome combination.

7. Member
    For those of you that run both, could you post a picture of your livescope transducer mounting configuration? I just finished installing my livescope and it seems I am forced to mount the LVS32 transducer to the side of my trolling motor because the 360 pod would be in the way if I shaft mounted it. I am not thrilled about mounting it here as I feel eventually running into something will break it. So I am curious to see what others have done that run both technologies.

8. Member
    im looking for the same answers you are
    Quote Originally Posted by carp104 View Post
    For those of you that run both, could you post a picture of your livescope transducer mounting configuration? I just finished installing my livescope and it seems I am forced to mount the LVS32 transducer to the side of my trolling motor because the 360 pod would be in the way if I shaft mounted it. I am not thrilled about mounting it here as I feel eventually running into something will break it. So I am curious to see what others have done that run both technologies.

9. Member

10. Member
    128A3E91-97A7-4FD3-89B6-4195CE7CCF87.jpeg

Don’t have a picture of mine but this is a friends boat. I guess I don’t understand the issue you’re having? Livescope transducer can only be mounted one way to be straight when your trolling motor is. Then just set the height of the 360 pod right above the livescope transducer. That way it clears when turning.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

11. Member
    I use both. When spotlocked 360 is stellar for finding both fish and cover/structure. When moving or looking for suspended fish livescope all the way. It’s hard not to have both but I don’t use the 360 as much as I use the livescope

12. Member
    This is how I have mine. I would not get rid of my 360 for nothing. 20220226_173118.jpg

I have both and found that I was getting interference on the 360 from the Livescope with it mounted on the shaft. I moved my Livescope to the barrel of the trolling motor and that eliminated the interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by carp104 View Post

14. Member
    Apples & oranges. 360 for shallow & l/s to target fish. Both fit fine on Ultrex.