2004 Merc 200 Opti Trim Problems

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered...

Putting my 20ft Champ on the trailer and held the trim switch down too long and trimmed up to the stop point. When I went to trim down using either the binnacle mounted trim or the one on the starboard side of the motor I get no response, no click, nothing. I'm guessing I blew a fuse or breaker and need to know where to look?

I was able to release the pressure screw on the trim cylinder to trim down and trailer home. The trim up works fine, but the trim down is dead. Any help or suggestions from you Merc experts would save me a ton of hassle!

Thanks in advance...

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Does the Trim UP function? If so, you will very likely need to replace both Trim Relays (note: The two FORWARD/FRONT relays are for trim, don't confuse with the AFT relay which is the MPR).

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Information each time you post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Replace the Up and Down trim relays.

Had a up trim relay fail once in the river system, talk about a pucker factor.., Went all the way up to the trailer position at wot in a 80 yard wide channel. One patch of tullies and we were lucky enough to settle in them instead of the rock rip rap...
    Thank You Leon Pugh