Kentcuky Lake Water Clarity

Can anyone give an update on water clarity? Its gotta somewhat stained. Hopefully not muddy.

Not sure. Went across 68/80 bridge Sat but with 6 footers it was hard to tell

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Not sure. Went across 68/80 bridge Sat but with 6 footers it was hard to tell

I bet she was rocking and rolling Saturday.

Bad enough that I went back to Barkley

5. Member
    Stained to clear last week with about 3.5 feet of visibility on average. I’m going out tomorrow so I will see if it has changed any.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkAF View Post
    Stained to clear last week with about 3.5 feet of visibility on average. I’m going out tomorrow so I will see if it has changed any.
    Appreciate it

7. Banned
    I drove by Wilson Dam yesterday, and they had all the spillways open going into Pickwick. Then Pickwick will be dumping water into Kentucky Lake. You can bet the water's going to be muddy this weekend.

It's getting very cold tonight, and I came by Guntersville two days ago. I am always in awe of the boaters with tow vehicles and trailers sitting at Guntersville boat ramps--no matter the temperature or weather. There were also a bunch of fishermen on the banks.

No update? Guess I will just have to go Sunday and find out for myself

9. Member
    I'm gonna go tomorrow. Will let you know.

10. Member
    It really looked about the same as last week. Stained on main lake with the bays being fairly clear. This was mid lake region. They were pulling a crazy amount of water. Around 212,000 cfs

11. Member
    Yeah it wasn't too bad. main lake was stained (1-1.5 foot visibility). Bays were 2-3 foot. I put in at Danville.

Put in at Fenton. Water all about the same, a little over 3 foot visibility on main lake and inside bays. Water temp 44 on LBL side and 41 on west side

13. Member
    It was more stained today than yesterday where I was. Still not terrible but the bays had more colored.

14. Member
    Bumping this up. Anybody go out today or have any updates on clarity, etc. Long drive for me tomorrow if I am going to come down. Thanks!

15. Member
    Mid lake is good. 2-3 foot. South is very stained. I imagine you are fishing the north end. It should be fine. Only caught three today but one was a 7 pounder on a jerkbait.

16. Member
    Anybody been out this week? How bad is the lake right now? It was pretty stained to muddy last weekend.

17. Member
    North Barkley is a solid mud puddle, crappie jig disappears as soon as it goes under. North end of Kentucky pretty murky but could see a crappie jig about a foot. Drove across bridge at Jonathan going to supper earlier, the whole creek looked like solid mud. Don't know anything about down south.