Thumbs Up 225 pro xs - leak in water pressure gauge line?

Hi folks,

I have 2008 225 pro xs running smart craft gauges. I note that when running, water is leaking back into the boat from where the lines enter the hull.

The only explanation I can think of is that the water pressure line that may typically be used to run a pressure gauge (?) is leaking in the hose that carries the lines from the motor to the hull.....can I cap this line at the motor somewhere given I am using smart craft? Do I need it????

Sorry for the poor explanation, the guys that fitted the engine did a ‘very’ rough job - I figure there’s a join or blanking plug in the hose somewhere that is leaking 😣

Any help/ideas would be ‘greatly’ appreciated

2. Member
    The line going to the rigging tube can be capped .

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Information each time you post. Thanks!

Look for small gray tubing coming up the PORT side of the engine- it was plugged off from the factory, but may have been connected to something in the boat.

Also note: Small BLACK tubing coming up from the swivel shaft is PITOT (analog Speedometer) tubing. If the water appears only when the boat is underway... it may be the pitot tubing that's leaking.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Perfect - spot on guys, thankyou

Capped the line and all sorted, cheers

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysone View Post
    Perfect - spot on guys, thankyou

Capped the line and all sorted, cheers
    Same issue here today. Just wondering what you capped it with? I also have smart craft now and no need for analog gauge.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brady01 View Post
    Same issue here today. Just wondering what you capped it with? I also have smart craft now and no need for analog gauge.
    Recommend opening separate post for your separate engine (and provide the required info per the Forum Announcements). Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor