Thread: Rod repair

Banned

Rod repair

I have a bunch of spare rods standing in the corner because of handles,missing eyes etc. Would it be cheaper to buy the stuff and fix them myself or have someone do it correctly. Any recommendations for central Ky rod repairs?

If you are handy and have some time it is cheaper but if not pay someone to do it its not that expensive.

3. Member
    Ryan has fixed a few for me and my sons. Very happy with the quality of his work!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If you are handy and have some time it is cheaper but if not pay someone to do it its not that expensive.
    Well I generally have plenty of money and no time, but time always seems to cost me plenty of money! Are you in Louisville or suburb? For the record I call north of etown suburbs.

5. Member
    Try Reeds Rod Repair in Calvert City. They have several for me in the past and did a good job! 270-508-1861. They are replacing some eyes on a couple Loomis rods for me now.

6. Member
    If yours look like mine do after i try to fix em just pay somebody to do it right. I speak from experience
    They aint got hands, set the hook

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    If yours look like mine do after i try to fix em just pay somebody to do it right. I speak from experience
    Lol, that is what I figured. I would get better results at a cheaper price having someone else do it. Much like my mechanic skills. Don't get me wrong, I can fix anything including what I tear up doing initial repairs!

8. Member
    Well if you have never done it before you would need to buy or make a few things to even do it. Such as a way to hold the rod while you wrap and a dryer. Its not hard though.

Yes I am in Louisville my number is+15026645921