Mounting new 2.0 10’ blades question

Got a question about the new (2017 and after models) blades, I’m mounting a pair of 10’ blades and in the diagram it shows to leave a loop of the hose when it comes off the poles and before it enters or goes through the transom. Wondering if this much slack is necessary? I don’t remember seeing it like that on any other boats that have the new ones. I’ve raised and lowered them and it doesn’t seem they are using that much slack. Has anyone mounted them or does anyone have the new 10’ blades on their boat that could look and tell me?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzed Bait View Post
    Got a question about the new (2017 and after models) blades, I’m mounting a pair of 10’ blades and in the diagram it shows to leave a loop of the hose when it comes off the poles and before it enters or goes through the transom. Wondering if this much slack is necessary? I don’t remember seeing it like that on any other boats that have the new ones. I’ve raised and lowered them and it doesn’t seem they are using that much slack. Has anyone mounted them or does anyone have the new 10’ blades on their boat that could look and tell me?
    you want to leave enough slack so they do not bind. When you are lowering them on land ( in driveway garage you have to understand they are not depolying to full depth there fore not using the amount of hose they need what you do not want to do is have them bind going down because you do not have enough slack. Once thay are installed you can take them out over deep water due a full deployment and look at the amount of slack push in excess if you have too much.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

4. Member
    Thanks, K&K. Yeah, I had the previous versions, the ones with the blue and black hose and those just came straight off the bottoms of the poles and then went into the transom. Most of the slack was inside the bilge area before the lines connected to the pumps. The mounting of these new black hoses/lines just seemed a little different to me.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Thanks, K&K. Yeah, I had the previous versions, the ones with the blue and black hose and those just came straight off the bottoms of the poles and then went into the transom. Most of the slack was inside the bilge area before the lines connected to the pumps. The mounting of these new black hoses/lines just seemed a little different to me.
    Welcome ..overthinking it, not much diff. Just will have to coil excess up and zip tie put in bilge. Get those babies installed and enjoy!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Welcome ..overthinking it, not much diff. Just will have to coil excess up and zip tie put in bilge. Get those babies installed and enjoy!