Gray

Dent in 195 TXW TE

Recently, I hit a floating log or something similar and it dented my hull. The dent is small and shallow but next to the centerline. For reference, with the boat on the trailer, the dent would be on the port side just above the spare tire. It is low enough to be in the water. The hull or welds, etc, don't seem to be compromised at all. It isn't leaking and boat runs like normal. The question is, has anyone ever had a situation like this and how can you get the dent out. I think it would be easy if you could access the hull from the inside but don't think that is possible. I had a marine damage insurance adjuster look at it and he agreed with my assessment but he also wasn't sure how to repair it. We thought of a body shop but they might want to drill a hole in the hull and pull it out. I'm not for that. Has anyone had any experience with a dent like this and were you able to repair it? The dealer had no answer. The adjuster is going to call Tracker and see if they have any insight. Thanks
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

2. Banned
    Seen dings pulled with suction. Depends on depth and if there’s a crease.

3. Member
    Heard to say. The dent might not cause any issues in which case leaving it alone would be prudent. If it causes issues then repairing it properly even if they have to create a hole that is later patched is the way to go. Just hope there is not foam there. If it needs repaired it could possibly cost more than your deductible so you might start looking into those options. Now if the boat is leaking obviously you will have to get it repaired and hope that it is not too bad.

4. #FRB
    Mine has a shallow dent in it from a botched stab at loading in a bad cross wind. I think the spare tire might have rolled it in there. Weld looks fine so not worried about it. If it's not putting the structural integrity of the boat at risk or hindering performance I wouldn't worry about it. Let's face it, a boat is gonna get a battle scar here and there if you use it much at all. I know yours is still fairly new but at least you got that first (well hopefully first, lol) oopsie out of the way.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Gray
    Yes, I'm beginning to think that no action is the best action right now.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

Yep - I would say if it didn't cause a leak, just leave it alone!
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

Yes no action. Where it is , is full of foam. When I took my boat down to the hull. I could take a lot of small dents out. But every boat will get them over time. Especially between the ribs are stringers. And most of them will be because of hitting the bunks when loading. Its really nothing to worry about at all it’s to be expected. If you ever take your boat down to the hull and take out the foam , then you could do it from the inside other than that just leave it alone and enjoy the boat and have fun.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.