Grab Bar for Passenger 175 TF

Hi, My name is Jeff. I just purchased a 2011 PT 175 TF. I think I'm really going to like this boat, but had a couple of questions.

Has anyone added a grab bar for the passenger? Should it be attached to the rotomolded seat base? Or elsewhere?
    Where do others that have this boat keep the rear fisherman's rods when under way.

Thanks for your replies

2. Member
    I keep passenger rods between the seat and side of the boat, with the reels in the floor. It would be nice if there was somewhere else, but typically my passengers don't have many rods. A person could put a grab handle in the track system.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txcobowhunter View Post
    I keep passenger rods between the seat and side of the boat, with the reels in the floor. It would be nice if there was somewhere else, but typically my passengers don't have many rods. A person could put a grab handle in the track system.
    Thanks txbowhunter, I figured to put them there, just looking for other suggestions. Also there is no track on 2011 TF.
    I knew a new home construction carpenter from Tx county that would drive all the the way to Saint Louis County every day to work. It was over a 5 hour round trip, he worked outside and could get rained out and have to go home. He had a farm and livestock to deal with too!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro636 View Post
    Thanks txbowhunter, I figured to put them there, just looking for other suggestions. Also there is no track on 2011 TF.
    I knew a new home construction carpenter from Tx county that would drive all the the way to Saint Louis County every day to work. It was over a 5 hour round trip, he worked outside and could get rained out and have to go home. He had a farm and livestock to deal with too!
    Must have made some really good money to drive that far.

5. Member
    My wife wanted a grab handle on her side of the boat. I installed the same one that's used for the passenger console and that is mounted on the base under the seat. It doesn't interfere with rods extending from the floorboard past the seat.

Last edited by Goldstar225; 01-23-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txcobowhunter View Post
    Must have made some really good money to drive that far.
    Union carpenter, had an Chevy S-10 with a 4 banger, sometimes picked another guy on the way. Really wanted to live down there in God's country.

7. Member
    [QUOTE=Goldstar225;9977092]My wife wanted a grab handle on her side of the boat. I installed the same one that's used for the passenger console and that is mounted on the base under the seat. It doesn't interfere with rods extending from the floorboard past the seat.

[/

Goldstar, Did you remove the side panel to attach that grab bar?
    If so what else did you have to remove to get that panel off?
    Thanks

8. Member
    Didn't remove anything. I just marked the location for the mount holes on the carpet with a sharpie then predrilled the mounting holes. Used stainless sheet metal screws to mount the handle. I did confirm with the maintenance shop at my tracker dealer that there was no wiring or anything else behind the panel that would be damaged. (drill though the panel only, not the panel and hull )
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    Didn't remove anything. I just marked the location for the mount holes on the carpet with a sharpie then predrilled the mounting holes. Used stainless sheet metal screws to mount the handle. I did confirm with the maintenance shop at my tracker dealer that there was no wiring or anything else behind the panel that would be damaged. (drill though the panel only, not the panel and hull )
    Thanks Goldstar, I was thinking you used bolts and nuts. I will probably proceed in the same manner.

10. Member
    Jeff, you might want to double check before drilling in the location mentioned by Goldstar225... there is nothing more than carpet glued to the passenger side of my 2011 175 TF, suspect yours to be the same.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 01-28-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Jeff, you might want to double check before drilling in the location mentioned by Goldstar225... there is nothing more than carpet glued to the passenger side of my 2011 175 TF, suspect yours to be the same.
    Thanks, I made a makeshift caliper and it looked like 3/8 in.
    I guess I should have reported that here, but kind of got wrapped up in props