1996 mercury 150 efi intermittent problem

Crank the motor first part of the day it will take off and run fine after fishing a few spots ill crank it up it starts idling rough and want run over 2000 rpms just plows the water and out of nowhere it will take off like a rocket and run strong and then sometimes it will b going along and then start skipping and start running rough and want run over 2000 rpms let idle for a few and it will take it off again plus the tach is jumping all over the place even when its running good need help plz

I'm having the same issue with my 200 EFI, and with all the research I have done there does not seem to be one fix for the problem. I can fish all day with no problems and another day it acts up.

3. Member
    Yea its getting annoying probaly going to replace all the electronic parts it seems like it could be anything....

4. Member
    several things come to mind on this problem loose driver in ecu or possible switch box , lots more info on these mtrs in v6 section one down
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................