Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SS3D Module Update

FWIW, I had a good conversation yesterday with a Lowrance Pro Staffer. He frequently evaluates beta software. As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, he stated that he has always been instructed by Lowrance software developers to update his SS3D module prior to updating his head unit(s). He no longer runs SS3D as he migrated to AI 3-in-1 TDs when he upgraded to Live units.

For those that are seeing degraded SS images from your SS3D module (after updating to 18.3), I don't know if trying this order of updating would help or not.

Don't shoot the messenger!

This whole deal is BS. No one on the pro staff noticed this before they released the update. No one said anything so it could be corrected. Unreal.......
    I was all set to get the first Livesight but not anymore.

3. Member
    The reason for loading the 3D and SonarHub software first is to help the MFD recognize the updated hardware more easily as the MFD will go through a second reboot when the units updated software is loaded.

4. Member
    I think Mark got it right. I don’t see the order of update making any difference in image quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O'Neill View Post
    The reason for loading the 3D and SonarHub software first is to help the MFD recognize the updated hardware more easily as the MFD will go through a second reboot when the units updated software is loaded.
    So then the question is why was this even brought up? Degraded 3d images after the update have been reported by some well known people. The update process was pointed at as a possible cause. If the 3d images are worse and it's not the update process, then what is it?

Mark, what is your opinion of the quality of the SS3D images after the update?

Is 18.3 the end of the update road for the current SS3D hardware?

7. Member
    Well I might not be the best one to ask as things around here are all froze up. But I can tell you earlier versions of the 61 level software looked fine by my eyes as shown on linked screenshot, Carbon unit using 61 level software on 3D. I can't get a decent image to download to this site as they are too large, try link below and see if this works.

http://www.structure-fishing.com/upl...4_13.39.27.png

8. Member
    That is a good shot with the new update. I’m impressed.

9. Member
    That is a nice image.
    Does anyone have a link back to Carbon 18.2? I've seen a couple of problems or questions after I installed 18.3 but want to start over before I go to Lowrance Tech service.

10. Member
    PM me your email and I can send Carbon 18.2 to you

11. Member
    It's still available on Canadian site:
    http://ww2.lowrance.com/en-CA/Software-Updates/

12. Member
    Sorry, it was just pointed out to me that 18.2 is 147 MB....to big to email. Look at post #97 in this thread: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=954460

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreig2 View Post
    That is a nice image.
    Does anyone have a link back to Carbon 18.2? I've seen a couple of problems or questions after I installed 18.3 but want to start over before I go to Lowrance Tech service.
    The software is still available on the Lowrance ftp server.

Carbon 18.2
    ftp://software.lowrance.com/HDS_Carb...Standard-1.upd

SS3D 18.2
    ftp://software.lowrance.com/Structur...Standard-1.riw

14. Member
    Reviving old thread.

How are folks getting to old software on this ftp server?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

15. Member
    thanks for bringing this back up. I just fell in to this trap and let my dealership install 19.1 on my hds carbon and the latest update on my SS3D box. which update is the issue, the one for the head unit or the one for the 3D box? I believe I can get 18.3 for the carbon but how do I get the previous version for the 3D box if it is the culprit? thanks for the help

16. Member
    I have 18.2 for both carbon and SS3D. If you need it send me a PM and I'll reply with a dropbox link.
    Just don't ask me for version 4 - I'd have to go digging for that one on another computer.

17. Member
    Bingo!

18. Member
    I quit updating anything after the fish reveal update. Fish reveal works great on my HDS12 Gen 3 units with my 3D module and transducer.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Reviving old thread.

How are folks getting to old software on this ftp server?
    Download all software versions from the link and save on your computer https://yadi.sk/d/VUe14trauBopNw
    Google translator will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    Download all software versions from the link and save on your computer https://yadi.sk/d/VUe14trauBopNw
    Google translator will help you.
    Saved them all!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast