Thread: MLF/BPT rules?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MLF/BPT rules?

anyone see the rules for the upcoming Bass Pro Tour by MLF?

I wonder if the 14 angler owners will get special treatment like they have the past 7 years in MLF competition. They amended their rules two years ago to allow Klein and Duckett to keep fishing the MLF Cups because under the old rules they would have been knocked back to the Selects. I don't know any "sport" who makes exemption rules for owner/competitors. Hopefully they change this rule or it will never be a legitimate tournament trail

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/co...es-format/5476

• The two MLF Cup Anglers finishing in 25th and 26th positions on the Major League Fishing Cup Angler Cumulative Two-Year Rankings will be eliminated from the regular MLF Cup Angler's field. The exception to this is MLF Cup Anglers who hold MLF Shareholder Exemptions.
    • MLF Shareholders competing as MLF Cup Anglers have three (3) Shareholder Exemptions. Anytime an MLF Shareholder finishes in the 25th or 26th position in the Two-Year Rankings, he may use one of his Shareholder Exemptions and remain as an MLF Cup Angler the following year.
    • Should an MLF Shareholder exemption be used for the 25th and/or 26th position, the next-lowest, non-exempt angler(s) in the Two-Year Points Rankings will be eliminated.

2. Member
    Golf has plenty of sponsor exemptions. Didn't BASS amend their rules for qualifying for the Elites just to fill their field? How about the legend exemption BASS had?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Golf has plenty of sponsor exemptions. Didn't BASS amend their rules for qualifying for the Elites just to fill their field? How about the legend exemption BASS had?

i didn't agree with the Legend exemption BASS had either, but that's what the pros wanted because some of them couldn't requalify for the elites. But they are the "Best of the best" now that they went to MLF and get exemptions there too right? haha

4. Member
    and BASS didn't kick someone off the Elites when a "legend" exemption was used. The way I understand these MLF rules, if an angler/owner uses an exemption, the next lowest non-owner gets booted......even if he technically re-qualified. that's weird

5. Member
    There's no such thing as conflict of interest in the Big Leagues.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

6. Member
    It's their game and their rules. Pony up the coin and you could be exempt too.
    John the Garage Doorman

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post

I wonder if the 14 angler owners will get special treatment like they have the past 7 years in MLF competition. They amended their rules two years ago to allow Klein and Duckett to keep fishing the MLF Cups because under the old rules they would have been knocked back to the Selects. I don't know any "sport" who makes exemption rules for owner/competitors. Hopefully they change this rule or it will never be a legitimate tournament trail

• The two MLF Cup Anglers finishing in 25th and 26th positions on the Major League Fishing Cup Angler Cumulative Two-Year Rankings will be eliminated from the regular MLF Cup Angler's field. The exception to this is MLF Cup Anglers who hold MLF Shareholder Exemptions.
    • MLF Shareholders competing as MLF Cup Anglers have three (3) Shareholder Exemptions. Anytime an MLF Shareholder finishes in the 25th or 26th position in the Two-Year Rankings, he may use one of his Shareholder Exemptions and remain as an MLF Cup Angler the following year.
    • Should an MLF Shareholder exemption be used for the 25th and/or 26th position, the next-lowest, non-exempt angler(s) in the Two-Year Points Rankings will be eliminated.
    Going to be a lot of young anglers in trouble soon. Stacked deck, tv show.

8. Member
    Yup! not to mention the angler/owners most likely know the full schedule and the rest of the competitors are in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    There's no such thing as conflict of interest in the Big Leagues.
    No coin needed, just a buddy with some clout that wants you on the new tour.

10. Member

At least you're slowing down with the threads to 1 or 2 a week instead of multiple a day. You're bitterness for the non invite is oozing out of your mom's basement.

11. Member
    haha, first thread I've started in over 3 weeks dude. Get a grip

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    At least you're slowing down with the threads to 1 or 2 a week instead of multiple a day. You're bitterness for the non invite is oozing out of your mom's basement.

13. Member
    you guys crack me up.....we all comment on the same threads, but you think I have an issue. Yet you guys suck the MLF teet :)

14. Member
    you guys crack me up.....we all comment on the same threads, but you think I have an issue. Yet you guys suck the MLF teet :)
    Suck the MLF teet? Far from it. I'm just not going to bash a new tour before it even begins. I think it's good for the anglers. And when you say BPT "stole" (your words not mine) the anglers, and the BPT anglers are "bashing" (again your words not mine) BASS which is totally untrue I'm going to call you out on it along with several others on here. I'm not a MLF/BPT 'fanboy' it's just more fishing to watch in my eyes. You on the other hand seem to dispise this new tour for some crazy reason.

15. Member
    It's your opinion they did not "steal" anglers, but reality is different. Do you believe that BASS didn't steal anglers from FLW too?

16. Banned
    You know it’s just a matter of time before it comes out that a shareholder CANNOT be kicked out of MLF when the 3 years is up.

But I thought all the anglers were part owners, wasn’t that said in the beginning?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You know it’s just a matter of time before it comes out that a shareholder CANNOT be kicked out of MLF when the 3 years is up.
    Yup. They have proved it already with MLF cups and selects. Duckett and klien should have been kicked out of the Cups long ago

NASCAR has been doing it for years to keep names from going home. Dave Blaney got sent home years ago for not qualifying with a Caterpillar Sponsorship on his car and things went down hill from there until they arrived at the charter system to protect everybody. It was the keep the owners/sponsors happy as well as drivers bringing money in.

19. Member
    It's your opinion they did not "steal" anglers, but reality is different. Do you believe that BASS didn't steal anglers from FLW too?
    Nobody stole anybody. They're all grown ass adults and are capable of making their own decisions. Nobody is/was under contract and nobody held a gun to anybody's head and forced them to leave.

They were unhappy with their current situation and were offered a better opportunity so they WILLINGLY took it. How is that stealing? I think you need to get a grip....you're getting a little to attached to these anglers.

20. Member
    How's that MLF teeth milk taste?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast