Z30 Talon question

Gentlemen
    Dad is looking to order a Z20 pro. It comes with 10ft Talons. The question we have is regarding the height of the Talons when installed on the boat. He has a standard garage door with 7ft of clearance. Does anybody know the height. And while we are at it. He can upgrade to 12ft Talons. Will they fit through the garage door? And if so, would you do it? I think the upcharge is $220. Thanks for any opinions.

2. Member
    minn kota makes a "tilt" bracket

Tilt brackets are a good solution for more than just fitting in the garage door, can help you clean them and help you not be broke down in some scenarios. As far as 10-12' I would probably stay with tens since it has an ultrex as well. But it is a hard choice for sure
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I just went through this scenario. I put 10ft talons on mine without tilt brackets (thinking they were not needed). They were measuring 79" tall which is about 4" shorter than the top of my garage door opening. However, when I back the boat into the garage, the slope of my driveway causes the back of the boat to be higher. So much so that the talons were just barely able to clear the opening, but then was unable to clear the drop down section of the garage ceiling where the HVAC duct is. That measures 81.5" and they wouldn't clear. So I simply lowered both the talons a couple of inches for now. But I'm afraid they will be too low for on the water and may drag during turns, etc. I have 2 tilt brackets coming for my long term solution. So take my problem into consideration...

On another note, my rig just barely fits in my garage length wise! With the 12" jackplate and the new ProXS design this boat is at least 6" longer than the other 20ft boats I've owned. Stratos 200XL and Triton Tr20.
    I only have about 4-5" of room from the trailer tongue folded away and the garage door. I have a 25ft deep garage... Just be aware.
    Last edited by KCLOST; 01-23-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Thanks for all the advise. I honestly don't see him using the Talons often. But, if you price it out without the poles and add back the other stuff, you might as well just get the Pro package.

Correct, you can have the dealer not install the anchors and sell them new in box at a good deal
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Something to consider...8ft Talons sit lower than a V6 outboard on bass boats. If the motor clears the door then 8 ft Talons will clear the door. Can he switch the 10's for 8's.

8. Member
    That is a good question. I will ask when we meet the salesman. Are there any other must have upgrades that are not included in the Pro package that anybody would suggest?

9. Member

Good shots of the 8ft Talons next to a 250 ProXs

10. Member
    My 10ft talons fit through my door just fine.... I'm pretty sure it's a standard 2 car garage door