DD26 Fishing Meant Mount and Mean Stops Ranger 520L

Hey guys just wanted to give an update on new Meant Mount and Mean Stops. I ordered the DD26 Fishing Meant Mount and Mean Stops for my new Ranger 520L with new Mercury 250 Pro-XS 4 stroke. I ordered the blue model. They are awesome. I'm coming from the motor mates on my last 250 pro xs and was looking for something for the new 4 strokes and these fit the bill. Motor Mates worked fine on previous setup but needed something for new motor design. I was a little hesitant on the cost of the DD26 but they are definitely worth it in my opinion. The functionality, design, and quality of the DD26 are top notch. When spending the money we spend on our toys no need to stop short on the little things. Customer Service at DD26 is awesome. If you have any questions shoot me message. I highly recommend. And no I'm not affiliated or sponsored in any way just wanted to share.

Motor Serial # 2B595619
    Last edited by sapwood2012; 01-26-2019 at 06:50 PM.

2. Member
    I did the same on my 521L Intracoastal. Everything sapwood 2012 said +1! I’m very satisfied and trust me, the quality is unmatched! Works like a charm! Thanks...
    Jim
    2019 Ranger 521L Intracoastal
    2002 Triton TX186 Intracoastal

3. Member
    I'll second what sapwood2012 is saying. I received my DD26 and steering chocks in the mail a few days ago. This thing is a beast!! A completely different level of craftsmanship all together. It is expensive.... but if you see one in person you'll understand why. As far as Motor Mates are concerned I had issues with mine on my previous Yamaha SHO. The brackets you have to mount to the Yamaha on which the Motor Mate secures itself to kept bending. I ordered new ones and customer service was more than supportive. Hopefully Motor Mate can improve on that design. My new rig has the Mercury 4 Stoke....the DD26 is just the kinda of "bling" you want to add to a brand new rig!!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good info- thanks for sharing!

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Thank You for the kind words to those that recently posted.

Please contact me if your interested in the DD26 Products
    Scott Bird
    480-232-0033

I just got mine in today. The welds are mint, the product is worth it. I was hesitant about spending the money but after seeing it I feel good about it. Don, I apologize my new 250R is getting hung on my new boat today and do not have the serial number yet but can post it next week. I have no boat, no motor, but am excited about the motor brackets I got in the mail today

7. Member
    I love my clips from DD26,

8. Member
    I just got a mean mount in this week. I am very impressed by the fit and finish of this thing. Built super stout, excellent welds, even the paint job was done painstakingly!

This was no doubt an expensive piece, but I'm glad that I got it for the new v8!

9. Member
    I have the blue set on my fourstroke as well everyone that sees them swear I customer ordered them awesome product couldn’t be happier

Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    I have a DD226 that I’d sell. It’s for The new four stroke. It’s black. Used maybe 10 times if anyone is interested.
    $200 shipped
    What are you replacing it with

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Quote Originally Posted by toledo freak View Post
    Steering clips are absolutely useless! Save ya $, however the motor support is great!
    Just a little info, I have spoken with dave the owner on this and a solution is in the works, guy is first class and do not hesitate to spend your money with him & dd26,,,, I have been in the marine industry over 25yrs and it's rare to find a company who cares about feedback like he has shown!

12. Member
    Should we hold off on buying the clips until the bug is fixed? Ready to purchase the mount.

If u have questions I would email him through the company link on their website!