Hammer Jak Rods?

I was wondering what your guys thoughts on these rods are. Do they have micro guides or regular? I was looking at the 7ft3 medium heavy for throwing wobble heads and just looking for some insight. If I buy one it would be sight unseen since there isnt a dealer near me. Thanks guys.

I’ve never fished with the Jack series but I love the Hammer rods I have. I looked at the Jak at the classic but I didn’t see enough to make me move up from the ones I have now. I actually prefer the Winn Grips.

I have 15 or 16 hammer rods now. Mine are the black ones with Winn grips. I've never held a jack series but the ones I have are the best rods I've ever used. I don't know if the blanks are similar or the same but if they are like mine the 7'3 heavy would be what you are looking for. In my opinion hammers are the next power down from what it says on rod. I bet the owners number is on the site and I'd call and ask their opinion.

4. Member
    I would get the heavy personally for wobble head fishing.

The Hammer JAK series use the same blank as the All American Micro rods, but there are some key differences. First, they moved the reel seat forward to improve the balance of the rods. Secondly, the rods feature a very nice quality cork split grip. They use aluminum winding checks on the JAK series, and the guides, which are the same size as the All American Micro series, are a higher end guide. Despite using the same blank, these differences make a noticeable difference in feel between the two series. The Tackle Trap is a BBC sponsor and Hammer dealer. You can check them out here and always feel free to call the shop with any questions! 256 281 6160

Hammer JAK rods @ The Tackle Trap

As far as which model you want for tossing the wobble heads, it will definitely depend on the size of the heads and the plastic you're using. If it's 1/2 oz heads or bigger, I'd definitely get the Heavy power as well.