Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    has anybody elses Solix turn dial quit working after the update or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by crizzel View Post
    has anybody elses Solix turn dial quit working after the update or is it just me?
    I had that happen a couple updates ago. I restarted and it worked fine.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Member
    Updated mine today all went well at lake. Mine is networked with a gen1 Helix9 and Ulterra. Really like the side tab menu for quick access to Ulterra and Views. Glad ya'll posted how to change views because I wasted some time today on water trying to figure that out.

4. Member
    Has anyone else’s 2D Sonar stopped working post update? Mine has turned to a blank screen with very little reading, see pic. Hoping it’s just a setting issue, but also not getting a depth reading. Reset and restored factory setting to no avail. Changed sensitivity and speed, no real difference. Unit at the dash reads sonar 2D just fine.

96A44C36-5DFE-4055-B786-DD767EA6B21F.jpeg

Otherwise, from an interface perspective I’m very happy with the change. Hoping there is an easy fix I’m forgetting or overlooking. Thanks in advance.

5. Member
    This is while the boat is in the water? Check and see if the transducer is completely screwed in the unit. Swap with other unit and see if there is any change.

6. Member
    Thanks. No change when I switch units unless I select the transducer in the back.

7. Member
    Third trip out after doing update and today I tried switching from 2d sonar screen to DI and screen was blank then went to SI and same just blank white screen. Then switched back to 2d sonar it was normal so I went back to DI and it was ok same with SI. I hope this isn't some new glitch because it's never happened before update. It also didn't happen on the 2 previous trips when I first did update

8. Member
    I assume the upgrade wipes out all you marked points, and tracks ?
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

Quote Originally Posted by Spotshooter View Post
    I assume the upgrade wipes out all you marked points, and tracks ?
    No it does not. Doesn't with any other Humminbird models either.

BUT you should copy the data to a memory card "just in case" you get a crash and the unit memory has to be re-flashed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Anybody else having trouble when using new side bar menu for favorite views? I went back out today and things were normal at first then randomly I tried switching from sonar view to my split screen sonar/DI and screen was blank, went back to sonar and this time it was blank unlike post#87 this time I never could get any screens to come up using the new side menu tab for view favorites. I had to bring up the home screen and go into the main menu select views and everything worked properly. Tried the side tab menu several times again and everything worked as normal. Any ideas ?

11. Member
    I have had a Solix 12 Si Gen1 for about a year, works great. Just purchased a new Solix 12 Si Mega+ Gen2. Had to update the Gen1 with the new 3.360 to be able to sync to the new Gen2. Update on the Gen1 went fine. However, both units will not sync. After an attempted sync, which always fails, the Gen2 unit looses the IP address, or just stops seeing the Gen1. The Gen1 unit still sees the Gen2. Have gone through the process of resetting factory defaults, restarting with ethernet disconnected and so on to reset the IP addresses many times. Every time I go through this process and try to sync, it fails. Humminbird tells me it's an issue with 3.360. Anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeQ View Post
    I have had a Solix 12 Si Gen1 for about a year, works great. Just purchased a new Solix 12 Si Mega+ Gen2. Had to update the Gen1 with the new 3.360 to be able to sync to the new Gen2. Update on the Gen1 went fine. However, both units will not sync. After an attempted sync, which always fails, the Gen2 unit looses the IP address, or just stops seeing the Gen1. The Gen1 unit still sees the Gen2. Have gone through the process of resetting factory defaults, restarting with ethernet disconnected and so on to reset the IP addresses many times. Every time I go through this process and try to sync, it fails. Humminbird tells me it's an issue with 3.360. Anyone had this problem or know of a solution?
    I have a G1 on bow (Brand new) and G2 at Console (brand new) I hooked up bow the other night and immediately upgraded the G1 to 3.360 before putting it on the network. I then put it on the network and fired up the G2 unit. It asked if I wanted to Sync and I selected yes. worked just fine.
    Only difference I see might be that I upgraded my G1 before it ever touched the network. Not sure it helps but information is always good...
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345