Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I emailed HB about my Onix / Solix situation and after some back and forth the response from HB was "Sorry for the inconvenience but there will be no future Onix updates and the Solix will not be able to communicate with Solix if I choose to update"! Bob
    Helix does share waypoints with the SOLIX 3.360:

With the SOLIX and ONIX connected and Sync Network is selected, the ONIX shows a red icon and nothing shares. The ONIX does the same thing with the red icon for the SOLIX.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I can understand the Onix cant have all the bells and whistles at some point, but the repairs they made to the defective parts of the software should have been included in a Solix update that didn't get all the bells and whistles of the G2 so we could continue to allow Onix to be compatible with a properly running Solix. We have already put up with many things lately this is very disappointing to a Humminbird customer. This one for sure. Bob

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Thanks Wayne. I can understand the Onix cant have all the bells and whistles at some point, but the repairs they made to the defective parts of the software should have been included in a Solix update that didn't get all the bells and whistles of the G2 so we could continue to allow Onix to be compatible with a properly running Solix. We have already put up with many things lately this is very disappointing to a Humminbird customer. This one for sure. Bob

I really doubt that there is a technical rationale for this. My guess is that the HB objective here is to push the customers who are running networked Solix/Onix combinations into purchasing a Solix G2 product to get the networking benefits & Mega + side imaging. The payoff is reduced HB software support costs. While there may be a cost savings, there is also a significant downside risk to HB in this decision.
    In my case, the Solix at the console performs all of primary sonar, mapping, navigation & boat control/I Pilot link functions. The basic networking benefit for me is the linkage between the MK trolling motor & the HB Solix. The Onix at the bow is used primarily for viewing the Solix sonar returns & the map. On rare occasion, I use it for 2D sonar & never for down or side imaging. Given the way I fish, Side Imaging is useful, but the improvement to Mega+ SI is not worth the money to upgrade to a Solix G2, even if I add in the value of Solix to Solix networking. So, for me, a Solix G2 replacement of the Onix isn't going to happen in the near future. As long as I have the network connection from the primary HB unit to the MKtrolling motor, I am 95% there.
    If I cannot network the Solix to Onix, I will use the Onix as a freestanding unit running a Navionics chip & connected to the MK transducer, while the Solix interfaces with the MK I Pilot Link GPS functions. And when the time comes to replace the Onix, I could end up with another freestanding unit that won't network to the Solix & is one built by a competitor.
    I may be the only Onix/Solix customer who wont be forced into a G2 Solix for the privilege of Meg + SI & networking Solix to Solix, but I doubt it.
    My career experience suggests that protecting your installed product base from competitors generates future replacement sales & is an important success driver in most industries. Walking away from Onix/Solix networking opens the door to the HB installed base of loyal high end customers to consider other replacement options that wont network either. This will be most appreciated by the new market entrant who is aggressively competing to grow at the expense of the established 2 players.

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Looks like the blurry chart issue some of us have had may have been addressed as well. Also, I can’t get to my boat right now but when you upgrade and have two solix units, do you have to resync the units?
    Last edited by Phoenix Jim; 01-23-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Looks like the blurry chart issue some of us have had may have been addressed as well. Also, I can’t get to my boat right now but when you upgrade and have two solix units, do you have to resync the units?
    You have to re-do everything. The new software restores defaults. Your saved settings will not work either.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Any on the water test as of yet? Mine are updated and somewhat set up. Will be on Fork Saturday and Sunday and get the real world test. What’s bad is just last week we fought the wind and cold for graph day. I went through and worked tirelessly and had both units working better than ever before. Didn’t touch a pole... My wife like to froze, she’s a trooper though...
    Will post some screenshots when we get home. It will not be like last outing, will fish this trip...
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

Opps
    Double post..
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Mostly works great. The only thing I have found is changing a Favorite view to not be a Favorite view doesn't work--no menu item to do it.

edited:
    Update, the Favorite view deal works OK, just different.
    Some views will delete the original way and other views don't have the delete option. Just name, save , cancel options

9. Banned
    One good improvement is the Front 360 view takes up the whole screen width now like the Helix does:
    I like the little "ping" button top left will turn on/off the 360 ping without going into the menus!

10. Member
    Ok I still cant figure out how to add and remove favorites, a little help please.
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

11. Member
    1. Go-to the views menu
    2. Chose which view you wanna make a favorite and touch
    it so it will go to full screen.

3. The screen will go full with the view you chose.

4. Once the full view is loaded. Open the favorites side bar.

5. You then have have 2 groups of five. Press down on that favorites window you want that favorite to be on. It will either replace the current view that's there or replace the "X"
    Last edited by ntslam; 01-24-2019 at 12:53 PM.

12. Member
    thanks, any clue on how to delete the views i dont want?
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

Quote Originally Posted by bison2312 View Post
    thanks, any clue on how to delete the views i dont want?
    Yes, just touch and hold on that view in the list, it will be replaced by the view you have displayed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne,

Did they fix the issue with global settings not saved on custom page Navigation windows?
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Wayne,

Did they fix the issue with global settings not saved on custom page Navigation windows?
    I never had that issue until 3.360 was installed. BUT I forgot to turn Demonstration off again. Did that and do not have issue now.

The only time I get Global on is when creating a new view, then I turn those off.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Did they finally do away with the global settings. Didn't see them
    I am loading the update now. I don’t see global settings but Wayne you say they are still there? I always turn them off and want to do so again.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I am loading the update now. I don’t see global settings but Wayne you say they are still there? I always turn them off and want to do so again.
    The Chart View has three Globals and all the sonar views have two. General setting has one.

Since Global settings are Custom, you don't get them if you use the Angler User Mode.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    The Chart View has three Globals and all the sonar views have two. General setting has one.

Since Global settings are Custom, you don't get them if you use the Angler User Mode.
    oh got it! Thanks
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. Member
    Mostly works great. The only thing I have found is changing a Favorite view to not be a Favorite view doesn't work--no menu item to do it.

edited:
    Update, the Favorite view deal works OK, just different.
    I've been toying around trying to delete the odd views that I don't use and haven't found any consistent way to do it. Same with ordering Favorites.

I'm just on a power supply and no accessories connected, but to me it seems pretty decent speed for loading pages etc. Might just be my imagination...
    Last edited by Diesel Pro; 01-26-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast