Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Phillips/Sandmann controversy

I might have missed it but I haven't seen any discussion of the incident at the capital. Where do we stand on this? You know the one where the video appears to show a Native American being confronted and stared-down by a "smug, privileged white teen displaying unbridled hatred". The kid was immediately condemned and crucified in the press and social media. The Catholic school that the students attend fell all over themselves apologizing to anyone who might be offended by the students' behavior.

So a few days pass. More facts and more videos surface and the picture begins to change. We hear that a Black Hebrew group was taunting and heckling the students because they are Catholic. The students began singing school songs to drown-out the Black Hebrew's taunts. The Indigenous Peoples March enters the scene banging their drums and getting in the face of the students, not the other way around as was widely reported.

I figure the truth really won't matter. It really just comes down to skin color and MAGA hats

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    I figure the truth really won't matter. It really just comes down to skin color and MAGA hats
    And you wonder why posts can't remain civil or turn political ?

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Temple...

In all honesty, why do you think this is still taking up so much internet bandwidth, with so few retractions or apologies...

Truth is truth
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Banned
    Oh hell, I hope Al has some mercy on you.

5. Member
    Nothing like a native american banging a war drum in front of a teenage boy to try to make a point...those kids did nothing wrong, but media wants to paint them as racists. World we live in now...fake news gonna end up killing someone thats done nothing wrong.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    And you wonder why posts can't remain civil or turn political ?
    I agree that the subject matter can easily turn political but in this case there are already a number of articles talking about how there was probably a rush to judgement that was based on the fact that the kids were predominately white and several were wearing MAGA hats. And given those two facts, there will be a large percentage of people who already made up their minds and don't want to be confused but the facts (kinda like football threads on here).

7. Banned
    A lot and I mean a lot was not reported correctly... Phillips was the instigator... The Black Hebrew Israelite's were off the charts... The high school kids were the real victims... Watch the whole video... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Temple...

In all honesty, why do you think this is still taking up so much internet bandwidth, with so few retractions or apologies...

Truth is truth

Of course, that's what you and I, and most of America, believe, Brian.

However, there are believers that truth is perception.

In this case, believers of truth is perception, have decided again to attempt to create a truth, by lying.

I only hope that this is an effective example that exposes the media for what they are, because it's sickening to know what grown adults have attempted to do to these kids.

9. Banned
    A lot and I mean a lot was not reported correctly... Phillips was the instigator... The Black Hebrew Israelite's were off the charts... The high school kids were the real victims... Watch the whole video... Dan

10. Banned
    The kids were actually the adults in the situation...Phillips has apparently been involved in other situations and is somewhat (from what I understand) a stolen valor person, was in the marines but tries to have people believe he served in Nam but did not. was not really interested enough to really research, an adult that gets in a kids face or very derogatory name calling by adults trying to cause a situation does not deserve my time. Have heard that there may be some lawsuits involved and IMHO they collect some big bucks..not sure I could have remained as calm as the young man did.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post

12. Banned
    Stock up, because it's getting closer by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Stock up, because it's getting closer by the day.
    One young politician that shall remain unnamed, says the world is going to end in 12 years.

14. Member
    Media reported what they wanted viewers to see: racist Trump supporters busting up their peaceful rally.
    2018 Xpress H20 Bay
    Got it finally! Pictures soon to come...

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    One young politician that shall remain unnamed, says the world is going to end in 12 years.
    Algore approves of this.

I'm thinking sooner than that...like in a little less than 2 years.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Algore approves of this.
    Oh no... Algore.... again?

Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    Oh no... Algore.... again?
    Did you know he invented the Internet?
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Did you know he invented the Internet?
    I heard that once... I wish he could make it a little faster now!!

19. Member
    The media is absolutely responsible for anything that happens to those boys. The guy beating the drum in the kid's face needs his ass beat. He instigated the whole thing. This isnt political, its right vs wrong. What the guy did was wrong and how the kid stayed composed was the right thing to do. The media is back tracking now just like they have to with most stories they write.

Why do you folks worry yourselves over fools?

As my dear departed Granma used to say long before social media and the Kardashians;

"fools names and fools faces are often seen in public places.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast