USA Need help figuring out what wheel and tire size.

Hey everyone,

I currently have a 175/80/13R wheel and tire on my boat trailer. I am looking to up upgrade the size of my wheel and make my tire size smaller. I dont want to have any fitment issues. I think I might be ok with a 15 in rim but would love to get a 16 or 17 wheel and tire. I have been poking around on the web trying to find a chart or any app that can help me but I am having no luck. Thank you for your help. Here is the wheel I want to go with.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

2. Member
    duplicate post. Sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    you will need a rim with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern with a zero offset no matter what diameter you go with.. playing around with this https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/ should get you where you need to be. I went from 14 to 17in and worked out to same exact width and height as original setup, be sure to find a tire that has a very similar to the same weight capacity of your old tire. This can usually be found in what they call a xl (xtra load) tire. despite what some think there is no isssue with running a passanger car tire on a trailer as long as you have a similar load rating alot of the major manufacturers are doing this right from the factory..bass cat in particular has been doing it forever..

4. Member
    So if I am using this app correctly than a 175/80/13 to a 17in wheel means I would want to run a 225/40/17..it says that the Diff % is 0.57. I tried to upload the photo but I have exceeded the size limit somehow for the forum. To me that seems like a much larger size tire. Maybe I am reading the chart wrong.