mfg says NO to build a boat color combo

built my DREAM BOAT / that's what thy call it . on the build a boat web sight. I went with white on the sides and hull . black /red/tan on the deck. plunked down a large deposit, only to learn that i had not included the the big lighting bolt/ they call it an N, for nitro, stripe on the side. white river says we cant build that for you . we need the n/bolt on the side. the super pros / and I aint one get there boats clean and wrap them how they want. I am paying for mine. back to the drawing board. its well over 50 k for this z 20

2. Member
    Not sure you will get any brand to essentially debadge their boat. Your best bet is to buy the best posible resale color and wrap it exactly as you would like it to look.

3. Member
    That’s like building a corvette on the website but asking them to not put on the corvette symbol or telling Phoenix they can’t out the white stripes on the hull. It’s their signature design and no company will remove them no matter how much you pay them. Also I’m pretty those Ns are molded into the boat, it’s not a stick on decal so there’s no way around it.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Pros choice has some z21 elites that have the N in a very similar color that it is hard to notice. And those are factory made boats... I for one am pissed at them for telling you this. It's not a big deal and many of my color schemes are like your describing.

Ps range will make a white on white on white boat... all these colors are on ridges and jumps in the glass and can still be seen!
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    I like white fiberglass boats, old school I guess. Im not asking to change the mold,just build the color I picked on their website. a lot of white on white on the hull, red and black highlight pin stripes on he deck. sometimes less is more
    Last edited by framer; 01-23-2019 at 02:40 AM.

6. Member
    Then wrap it like the Pros do? I agree with previous post that most boat manufactures will not (de badge) there boat.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

7. Member
    Hummm I bet you can get an all white boat, Incuding the N strip.
    Grand Pointe Marina Pro-Staff
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro Package
    250 PRO XS Mercury 4 Stroke
    Precision Sonar
    Nitro Boats

They use to allow the N to be the same color but the insert stripe on the side had to be a different color. Seen a few and thought they were unique.

I think if u use words like "non refundable deposit", maybe they will listen. I bet the fear is it wont sell if they build it and u don't accept it.

I agree i think it can be done.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    i thought the white would be ..unique .. is a good word for it. . . i bought a new white truck this summer and thought it would make a nice rig. no they would not build a white sided boat. the N stripe is large in my opinion. my second choice is coming. new colors are pretty typical nitro stuff , i think it will be sharp. i have been thinking about this for 6 mo. time to get it done.

Absolutely it can be done, it is actually an easier hull to spray gelcoat because there is one less taping/mask step that needs to be done. The only reason they wouldn't is because like has been said, Nitro wants every boat to have that distinct N-strip on it.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

11. Member
    yep i dont think they can make the Z series label any larger

12. Member
    side note. marketing. marketing. marketing. I have had ran boats and trit boats and others but had to drive hundreds off miles to the dealers, im tired of that. I ordered this boat because a dealers location is 25 mi from me. visability on on t.v . and social media. reading this websitet for 6 mo. I recognize why a guy who had a bait shop ...then catalogue...a small boat co. now a bunch of boat companies rolls. marketing ,marketing... ya I bought one ... never ever had a merc either.... see how this goes
    Last edited by framer; 01-24-2019 at 05:40 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    That’s like building a corvette on the website but asking them to not put on the corvette symbol or telling Phoenix they can’t out the white stripes on the hull. It’s their signature design and no company will remove them no matter how much you pay them. Also I’m pretty those Ns are molded into the boat, it’s not a stick on decal so there’s no way around it.
    Phoenix could be ordered with bow wings the same color as hull and remove decal or delete decal.

Quote Originally Posted by framer View Post
    built my DREAM BOAT / that's what thy call it . on the build a boat web sight. I went with white on the sides and hull . black /red/tan on the deck. plunked down a large deposit, only to learn that i had not included the the big lighting bolt/ they call it an N, for nitro, stripe on the side. white river says we cant build that for you . we need the n/bolt on the side. the super pros / and I aint one get there boats clean and wrap them how they want. I am paying for mine. back to the drawing board. its well over 50 k for this z 20
    Just make it the same color as the color around it and it basically disappears ... problem solved