Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I call about every 6 months to get Showtime and Starz for half price in 6 month increments. They never fail to honor the half price deal. I've never had them (Dish) increase my bill unannounced, or they would certainly get a call. That said, I'm canceling my contract in the next couple of months. I believe we'll be going to Hulu Live. We'll get all the channels we watch regularly plus all of our local channels. Hulu Live, Netflix, and Prime with Apple TV as our interface is all we really need, and it's portable in that we can use the same programing at the lakehouse when we're up there. Summer is coming. TV becomes much less important. Too many other things to do.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Yet again another rate increase, has anyone ever called these clowns and got them to drop the price?
    You should go to Comcast/Xfinity. Basic service with 2 set top boxes $208 per month. You would run back to satellite.

3. Member
    I just called Comcast today and complained about the pricing.
    When all was said and done, I ended up with their triple play program for $47.00 less per month than what I was paying.
    Works for me for now/

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You should go to Comcast/Xfinity. Basic service with 2 set top boxes $208 per month. You would run back to satellite.

Thats TV only? If yes, that’s ridiculous. Ours is $145 now and we rarely watch it, no way I’d pay that.

Damn, some of the prices quoted here for internet services is unbelievable. I’m going to stop bitching about paying $75.00 for 300Mbps cable internet service. I don’t count that as part of my TV services. Have to have it anyway.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm View Post
    Why would you want to continue to do business with a company that has already admittedly been screwing you on price?
    If you go that route you won't do business with any of them. Last year I had to call Directv, Comcast, Sirius and ADT ready to quit to drop all the prices. Unless I don't want all those services, which I do that's the game. I am fully willing to switch to a competitor when I call, but normally they lower the price for a while.

7. Member
    Cable.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    I had to go in to get the deal I got now.
    I did go in and talked to Spectrum rep when I turned their equipment in . He told me that he had done the same thing and that I wouldn't believe how many customers they lose daily .

Quote Originally Posted by swampshark View Post
    checking in to cutting the cable with Cox....paying for a phone I don't use (cuz it was in the "cheapest" bundle pkg.)...they won't offer new pricing and it's $74 a month just for internet....with pricing set to go up the more you use it (tier pricing)...wife watches Netflix, Hulu, PrimeTV....have two new firestix we (she) just bought so probably gonna cut cord anyway....already paying for streaming services along with cable (cable,internet,phone $215/mo. + whatever she pays for the streaming services...maybe cut the cable and buy some new ALX rods!!
    x2...don't use the phone...people must be dropping Cox for they keep adding price increases. Burns my a## but live with it for now.

If I couldn't write it off as business expense would definitely drop the cable but keep internet.
    Last edited by drifter106; 01-24-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

10. Banned
    Well, I called today and all they’d offer off was $40, I told them to cancel. Tired of their games, totally unnecessary.

Radiptv 700 something channels $15 per month. One time purchase of firestick =$40.
    We were approaching $180 per month with Spectrum. Got to have internet, no way around that. We are $70 for 200m and that $15, pretty happy.

12. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNRanger View Post
    I am shocked to hear someone doesn't have internet at their house in 2019.

I dont. Operate entirely with cell service. Bad cell service here but can stream a video or movie with my hotspot on and phone in the window... I refuse to pay for tv and have an antenna to get local stations.

I got a call from this Clown today pretending to work for Direct TV promotional Dept. and since I was a great customer, he was going to lower my total package from 234.00 to 120.00 including taxes. All I had to do was pay 480.00 for the 1st 4 months + purchase a EBAY cash card for 500.00 and give them the # and that would pay the 480.00 plus 20 activation fee, then after 4 months I would be paying only 120.00 for the next 18 months. I ask him how that was going to work when my Cell Phones and internet are 110.00 a month I said thank but no thanks and hung up on him. I called EBAY and ask them if they were in anyway affiliated with ATT and Direct TV They said no and that I was the third person that had called . So if its sound to good to be true then chances are it isn't. Between my wife and I we kept him on the line for almost and hour letting him think we were going to bite before I hung up on him

So I called DirectTV yesterday to cancel, lady never tried to talk me out of it and set a cancellation date of Feb. 8. Should I expect a call back from them offering a deal or do I need to cancel the cancellation by February 8?
    2019 G3 Sportsman 1810
    MK Ulterra
    Helix 10
    Helix 7
    SHO 115

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MindenSkeeter View Post
    So I called DirectTV yesterday to cancel, lady never tried to talk me out of it and set a cancellation date of Feb. 8. Should I expect a call back from them offering a deal or do I need to cancel the cancellation by February 8?

I have dishnetwork, I called last week and $40 was all they’d drop it. I said, more off or drop it. Well, it’s set to cancel on the 3rd and I don’t care, haven’t watched tv in 5 days now anyways.

16. Member
    My wife replaced our Spectrum service last week with ATT fiber and Direct TV Now streaming service. So far I like it and she likes the $100 a month savings.

17. Member
    I use Kodi and subscribe to an iptv service its 45$ a year and it works great run it on a raspberry pi!! Pi costs 35 and with good stuff I have about 75$ in equipment plus I can plan any movie or show that I have on a usb drive through the pi and kodi! Best thing I ever did was cut off Dishnet 150$ a month for 3 tvs and of the 3 only 1 dvr. Screw that

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Yet again another rate increase, has anyone ever called these clowns and got them to drop the price?
    I called Direct TV to complain about the bill, they saw I had been a customer for 10 years, they cut my bill in half and I got to pic what programing I wanted, gave me a year contract on it
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

This is going to sound crazy. I just signed up for the upgraded internet (50MB down and up) and bundled with cable with HBO, Cinemax and Starz in Vietnam for 400,000VND per month.

That's $15.92 per MONTH!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123