Anyone live in or near Bridgwport Al

I am in the beginning stages of thinking about moving south and I have zeroed in on the area around Bridgeport. I will be transferring in my job to Chattanooga but I don't want to live in the city. So far I have only looked on google earth for picking an area. I will be making a trip down in the next couple weeks to scope things out and possibly look at some houses. Just looking for some opinions of the area. Any help much appreciated , thanks
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    Nice area. Even though Alabama has an income tax, most of the other taxes are lower. If you end up in Tennessee, no income tax, but higher sales and other taxes. I live down I-75, in Georgia, 30 minutes away from Chattanooga. I have lived here my entire life. We have income tax and other taxes in between Alabama and Tennessee. In Bridgeport, you are basically on Lake Guntersville, 30 minutes from Nickajack, one hour from Chickamauga and close enough to Lake Weiss and the Coosa River to have plenty of fishing options. If you don't mind me asking, what occupation are you in to transfer to Chattanooga?

3. Member
    I work for a industrial and medical gas company.
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

Several guys that work with my wife have homes in the area, not a bad place to live..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    Its nice area, you can also check out the kimball area its in Tn.

6. Member
    Not a Bad place to live at all I would think. Only drawback is traveling to Chattanooga on I 24 traffic from the split with I 59 can be hectic. Going and coming back. You have 2 two lane interstates merging into two lanes until you get around moccasin bend at the river in Chattanooga. I'm sure if your wife has friends there in Bridgeport they can explain better. I hope someday they add another lane but with the Railroad on one side and and the foot of Lookout Mtn. and the Tenneessee River on the other no room really to do that. I wish they would build a new road with bridge across the river to moccasin bend then another from moccasin bend across the river into downtown. Divert traffic away from I 24. Just wishful thinking on my part though. Like said already above we are blessed with options to fish here within a hours drive. GOOD LUCK on your new job.