Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Toyota's dont have problems. You sure it's not a Dodge?
    My ram just rolled over 100,000 and it’s never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance. Wish I could say that about the Tundra I had. I missed a ton of work getting that truck back and forth to the dealership to be worked on

2. Member
    Taco boys are going to get fired up now.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro XP View Post
    My friend has a 2012 Tacoma. His Secondary air injection system went out on his truck. There was a recall on the system from toyota for 2012 Tacoma trucks. Toyota wont cover it because his is a later 2012 and the recall is for earlier 2012 and its the same part. Toyota basically told him to go f*** himself and Toyota said we know there a problem. Pretty sorry move by Toyota
    Sorry, I don't see the issue here. There may have been other reasons to limit the recall to earlier 2012s, likely they changed something that differentiates the two.

4. Member
    My friend has a 2012 Tacoma. His Secondary air injection system went out on his truck. There was a recall on the system from toyota for 2012 Tacoma trucks. Toyota wont cover it because his is a later 2012 and the recall is for earlier 2012 and its the same part. Toyota basically told him to go f*** himself and Toyota said we know there a problem. Pretty sorry move by Toyota
    Your information is second hand......

5. Member
    [QUOTE=JerryT;9973568]Because it would have cost them millions in a lawsuit when you died in it .. you get that part right ? They didn’t say let’s just do a solid for our customers .. every manufacturer is the same

To the OP.. does your truck have federal or Cali

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    My ram just rolled over 100,000 and it’s never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance. Wish I could say that about the Tundra I had. I missed a ton of work getting that truck back and forth to the dealership to be worked on
    No one has a sense of humor anymore. I had a 2008 Tundra I put 200k on. It was not without problems. I'm now in a SuperDuty

7. Member
    Had a 2015 limited 4 runner in the shop 30 days for a engine problem. Shop was kinda like o well. I called toyota, they offered to buy the car back, trade it in, or give he a 150k bumper to bumper warranty. I was impressed after was all said and done, but it was a bad headache while it happened.

8. Banned
    I once had a Ford transmission problem after the van was out of warranty--up in Norfolk. Upon returning home, I took the bill to my local Ford dealership where the service manager was a friend. A couple of weeks later, I got a check for the repairs. And I didn't even buy the vehicle from them.

Some car dealerships have better relationships with the factory and the service reps than others. And the superlative service departments that are honest and straightforward with the factories get special considerations for their preferred customers.

My Lexus dealer over in Memphis is one of those superior car dealerships. They have a Lead Service Technician that is the premier Toyota mechanic in the U.S. Toyota especially gives special consideration to his customers because he often diagnoses issues for other mechanics in other dealerships when the factory cannot figure out problem solutions.

9. Member
    Wait, I didn't think Toyotas ever had any problems...all these people in the thread must be lying, only GM is garbage (and Ram of course).
    You mean KVD really doesn't get 20mpg towing his z21 with his Tundra?? Blasphemy!!!
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

Where are all the Don't buy an extended warranty guys. A 7 year warranty would have fixed it for ya

If you would have just listened to the BBC guys and put some money back each month--- like you were paying for a stupid extended warranty.

11. Member
    Its sad that people are so brand loyal they are so accepting of crappy customer service. Toyota even admitted it was problem and no there is no difference in the early and late 2012's its the same thing.

12. Banned
    Sounds like bad Dealer service. I'd go up through the chain to get the correct answer and it sounds like your friend either heard wrong on the recall or was told wrong.

13. Member
    Its sad that people are so brand loyal they are so accepting of crappy customer service. Toyota even admitted it was problem and no there is no difference in the early and late 2012's its the same thing.
    Recalls only cover VINs listed. Most likely what happened was there was an issue with a supplier of the part in early 2012. The supplier either corrected the mistake or they used a different supplier for the parts in late 2012. I'm not in the automotive industry, but we've had similar issues with suppliers.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

14. Member
    I had the issue on a 2012 Lexus SUV and they fixed it, out of warranty, at no charge. They later sent an extended warranty addendum for this particular issue to all owners, can't recall how long they extended it for. Part of the premium brand offering, I guess

15. Member
    geez at what point should a auto maker be off the hook for repairing your car?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    I dont disagree with your statement. They shouldn't be on the hook for a 7 year old vehicle per say. This situation is different imo

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    after my warrenty is up I foot all repairs .

I dont disagree with your statement. They shouldn't be on the hook for a 7 year old vehicle per say. This situation is different imo
    Vehicle is not on the recall list and out of warranty... why is this different, just because somebody thinks Toyota should fix it. Hell I wish Ranger would have replaced the carpet in my 14 year old boat.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Double tap.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

20. Member
    weird that you are on line complaining about your friends issue? Do you own a Toyota?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast