Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Bet all the people Toyota has done complete frame replacements for would disagree.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    weird that you are on line complaining about your friends issue? Do you own a Toyota?

Pretty damn weird.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    weird that you are on line complaining about your friends issue? Do you own a Toyota?
    No i dont own a Toyota but was seriously considering one

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Vehicle is not on the recall list and out of warranty... why is this different, just because somebody thinks Toyota should fix it. Hell I wish Ranger would have replaced the carpet in my 14 year old boat.
    Because how are you going to cover just "some" 2012 and not the other that are the exact same thing. Just sounds like bs to me

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro XP View Post
    Because how are you going to cover just "some" 2012 and not the other that are the exact same thing. Just sounds like bs to me
    He missed that part.

6. Member
    I paid $14500 in one year on my Ford F250 6.0 and Ford never offered to pay a nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    He missed that part.
    No, I didn't. If I make widgets and find that a part is faulty and I issue a recall, I will go through my records and determine that those parts got started being used at serial number xxx and got used up by yyy. Guess which ones my recall covers? It sure isn't gonna cover the whole year of production. I'm sorry you had a similar failure on the same part that the recall covered but I covered the known faulty parts batch.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Double tap. Again
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Never, ever take the word of some underpaid goober at a dealership as the final decision on something like that. Call Toyota regional or corporate directly. The service manager you spoke with probably has 6 months on the job, and one foot out the door already if they’re anything like the dealers around my part of the country. I swear I get a new one every time I go for an oil change.
    Call Toyota.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

My friend has a 2012 Tacoma. His Secondary air injection system went out on his truck. There was a recall on the system from toyota for 2012 Tacoma trucks. Toyota wont cover it because his is a later 2012 and the recall is for earlier 2012 and its the same part. Toyota basically told him to go f*** himself and Toyota said we know there a problem. Pretty sorry move by Toyota
    Recalls are done by production dates from x to x or vin number or engine calibration numbers . If its not in that time frame its on you . Dont see where its there problem its a common problem with all older Tacomas.

11. Member
    My 08 has the same issues. Mine went out twice in 5k miles but was covered under a 150k mile emissions warranty.

Wasn’t too happy how they “knew they had a problem with their transaxles” in the highlander yet couldn’t do anything about it.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Never, ever take the word of some underpaid goober at a dealership as the final decision on something like that. Call Toyota regional or corporate directly. The service manager you spoke with probably has 6 months on the job, and one foot out the door already if they’re anything like the dealers around my part of the country. I swear I get a new one every time I go for an oil change.
    Call Toyota.
    He spoke with corporate they said we dont want your business anymore

14. Member
    He spoke with corporate they said we dont want your business anymore
    Yeaaaa.....I doubt that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123