Pellet Grill winter storage

After I use the RecTec this weekend I don't know how long it will be until I use it again as the weather is getting nasty here in PA. The grill is stored on my patio with a cover over it.

Does anyone remove the pellets from their grill for the winter? My hopper only has a small amount of pellets in it and I can probably run it out when I use it next. Is that a good idea?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Banned
    Probably won't be good if they sit for a long time. Mine sat for 2 weeks..hopper pellets fine but the ones in the auger tube must've had a little moisture as they didn't lite. I scooped the fire bowl out and dropped a few from the hopper in and fired right up. I would recommend burning @400 for a hour just to help get rid of any build up that attracts mold. Empty hopper and let the pellets empty out of tube.

3. Member
    I can tell you this much my next smoker is going in the garage. I just had another crap out due to water damage. I had a cover for it and thought that would be enough well I'm dumb and admit it. This next well be piped into the chimney in my garage.