Thread: Touch pad issue

Touch pad issue

Anybody ever had a problem with the touch pad turning off when you turn the key off? Normally when I turn the key on the panel gets power and stays on even after key is turned off, now as soon as the key is turn off the panel goes dead. And for some reason the live well pump started running with no power to touch pad and would not turn off. I got something going on any ideas?

2. Member
    It may not be the touch pad, It could be the computer box under the consol.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by La Boy View Post
    Anybody ever had a problem with the touch pad turning off when you turn the key off? Normally when I turn the key on the panel gets power and stays on even after key is turned off, now as soon as the key is turn off the panel goes dead. And for some reason the live well pump started running with no power to touch pad and would not turn off. I got something going on any ideas?
    La Boy,

I'm having a similar issue with my keypad. Like you, power gets sent to the control panel when the key is turned on. The other day when I turned the key on, there was no power to the panel. A couple of guys on here said to look for a breaker near the cranking battery. I can not find any breakers at all back there. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jigflipper

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigflipper View Post
    La Boy,

I'm having a similar issue with my keypad. Like you, power gets sent to the control panel when the key is turned on. The other day when I turned the key on, there was no power to the panel. A couple of guys on here said to look for a breaker near the cranking battery. I can not find any breakers at all back there. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jigflipper
    I just figured mine out, I actually had 2 problems with mine. My touch panel would go off and on and that ended up being a bad connection under the dash. The problem with the panel turning off was the circuit breaker by the cranking battery was bad. Evidently the key will power the panel on but the circuit breaker keeps power to it when the key is turned off.

contact John at Digital Power and Motion.