Thread: Recover Seats

Recover Seats

Was looking at getting new seats for my procraft. Can't find any I like better than what I have but the ones I have can use recovering. My seats are in 2 parts, an outer and inner cushion. I only need to get the outer done. Company here wants to charge 175-200 per seat. Does this sound about right or should I keep looking?

2. Member
    I just had my Skeeter seats redone by a local marine upholsterer. He did a beautiful job for $500Cdn. for both seats and the center jump seat. So your estimate sounds right to me. Also, I have not seen an aftermarket seat that looks or fits as good as originals and I believe originals help with resale. My opinion only

As long as the work is good and done in a reasonable period of time the money is bout right...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Price is typically what shops charge. Make sure they use a material made for outdoor use like sunbrella and that the stitching that will not rot when wet.

Keeping the original seats and having them recovered allows you to pick from the myriad of new marine vinyls that are now available, and you can choose the exact color combination you desire!
    There are some awesome looking patterns out there now too (carbon fiber weave, embossed stitching, twill weave, smooth, crocodile skin, etc.).

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Keeping the original seats and having them recovered allows you to pick from the myriad of new marine vinyls that are now available, and you can choose the exact color combination you desire!
    There are some awesome looking patterns out there now too (carbon fiber weave, embossed stitching, twill weave, smooth, crocodile skin, etc.).
    Very good point....also, when I had mine done, to save money (and for something to do) I removed the seats and pulled all the (hundreds of) staples. Most upholsterers hate that part of the job...

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    Very good point....also, when I had mine done, to save money (and for something to do) I removed the seats and pulled all the (hundreds of) staples. Most upholsterers hate that part of the job...
    If you want someone to match your old seats stitch for stitch...do not remove staples or anything as we take your seats apart to make the patterns from. In some cases when customers mess with there seats before I get em actually results in more work. Taking them out of the boat is fine. Even removing hardware can cause issues when you reinstall and can’t find a hole that we covered with material.
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Sorry if I gave the wrong info...that's just what my guy preferred. He still had everything as original, just minus a ton of staples.

Not wrong at all just differant shops may want differant things. I was not real clear. I should have started my post by saying “check with your shop before don’t anything to the seats due to bla bla bla”. I’m a little slow at times
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    Sounds like a good price to me!! Guy at work who does the leather in cars we build told me $800 to do my driver and passenger seats
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

11. Member
    Price sounds reasonable to me. MIL does boat upholstery and just quoted around $500 to redo a Ranger bench seat.