Thread: Rear deck 2200

Rear deck 2200

Looking hard at a new Sterling 2200 bass - can’t seem to find any pics of the two large compartments in the rear deck. What’s in there? And how do you access the bilge area? Thanks

2. Finally over 80
    2 compartments on the left and right are storage. the right one has a oil tank for the 2 stroke engines. You can access the bilge area between the seats. There is a removable cover.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sterling11 View Post
    2 compartments on the left and right are storage. the right one has a oil tank for the 2 stroke engines. You can access the bilge area between the seats. There is a removable cover.
    Thanks - that’s a ton of storage! So what is under the deck portion between the livewells and the motor, and how do you get in there? Also, in the center console model, is there Plano box storage in the console like in the dual console model?

Under that area is more Bilge , plumbing, wiring, etc... not a compartment
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

5. Member
    Fuel tank is under there, the panel will come off but theres no space in there.

6. Member
    So where are the batteries?

7. Member
    My trolling motor and house batteries are under the tackle storage up front, starting battery is behind the drivers seat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lrrsme View Post
    My trolling motor and house batteries are under the tackle storage up front, starting battery is behind the drivers seat.
    Ok thanks - this boat has tons of storage. I need to see one in person.

my 17 had the three trolling batteries located like Lrrsme was explaining. Didn't look TO bad to get to ....but my cranking battery was behind the drivers seat and the host battery was behind the passenger seat. Nice and cleanly done but man are they wedged in there. if i was to ever get another one i'd DEF go with lithium's in those two locations and hope to not have to replace for a LONG time. It looked like a major major pain in the ass to have to change them out. Power pole pumps have to come off, and then you would need robot hands to get a tool to disconnect/connect the terminal wires. (there may be an easier way but that's the way I was told by the factory when I picked it up and asked about it)

On the other side of the coin, all the pumps are VERY easy to access and switch out. They are all under/behind the removable center console. It's slick how they plumb those.

The rear compartments have a lot of storage and the boat in general has an amazing amount of storage. It's hard to actually fill one up. Feel free to Pm me if you have any more questions. I don't think you would be disappointed if you decided to get one.
    Last edited by white gambler; 01-24-2019 at 10:45 PM.

10. Banned
    blakesfav: this may help you find what you want.
    Last edited by jrbritt; 01-24-2019 at 01:54 PM.

11. Member
    That’s really helpful - thank you!