Aluminum Diamond plate to cover fenders

I am getting allot of paint chips on the front of my painted trailer fenders. Would really like to find some aluminum diamond plate covers that I can install on my fenders to cover up the painted areas and also provide a step to protect the paint. I would like to find some that have 3m adhesive so I don't have to drill holes to install. Any suggestions or ideas? thanks

2. Member

You may wanna put some touch up paint on the chips before installing the diamond plate.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Banned
    Look on a trucking site. They have polished stainless 0.020 thick with sticky tape already on it. I believe you can get it it up to 10"

https://www.iowa80.com/search/?catid=ROCKERPNLS
    Last edited by rocket man; 01-22-2019 at 07:17 AM.

5. Banned

Won't water get under the diamond plate and rust the fenders?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Thanks for the input. I checked out the link you provided, however I am having trouble locating the diamond plate with adhesive on that web site. Please advise what the specific description is for what you saw and I'll see if I can find it. Thanks again.

Still looking for a solution on this and have been totally unsuccessful finding anything on the internet. The closest thing I have found are ones that have to be installed by drilling holes and using aluminum rivets. I'd rather not drill holes in my fenders because I think that would be introducing yet another rust potential. Would much rather find some that attach with 3M Adhesive. The link that rocketman posted takes you to the trucking web site but not the actual product he was referring to and I have searched that web site front to back and cannot find what he references. Any suggestions would certainly be welcomed. Thanks in advance guys.

a local sign shop can put a heavy duty clear plastic tape on that almost disappears and keeps the clean factory look, however this is best right away before damage
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bombercraw View Post
    Still looking for a solution on this and have been totally unsuccessful finding anything on the internet. The closest thing I have found are ones that have to be installed by drilling holes and using aluminum rivets. I'd rather not drill holes in my fenders because I think that would be introducing yet another rust potential. Would much rather find some that attach with 3M Adhesive. The link that rocketman posted takes you to the trucking web site but not the actual product he was referring to and I have searched that web site front to back and cannot find what he references. Any suggestions would certainly be welcomed. Thanks in advance guys.
    Do a search for rocker panels.

May look at using adhesive backed rubber instead of Aluminum.
    They make it in several patterns including diamond plate.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    May look at using adhesive backed rubber instead of Aluminum.
    They make it in several patterns including diamond plate.
    Yeah I thought about that but I really don't like how those look. The aluminum diamond plate looks much nicer. I am reaching out to Marine Master trailers to see if I can buy some directly from them. I notice that they still make some trailers that have this installed on the fenders.