Shallow water drafting ... Set up

I am setting up a 2000 zx202 with a 200 Yamaha on the back with hydraulic jack plate. I like to fish Ultra shallow water and was wondering if anybody had any experience with balancing the weight in the boat. I typically set up my boats to keep the weight in the back for top speed but was wondering if anybody had experience with front loading the weight to make the boat set more level when idling or fishing in shallow water. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Member
    I have a 2016 ZX225 with a hydro jacker. I haven't really concentrated on the load distribution much as the hull is heavy to start with when compared to other brands in my experience. My hole shot is inceadable...top speed is over 70mph...and I can draft about 1 1/2 ft or so when fishing on trolling motor. Hope that this helps!

I put all of my heavy stuff up front, tackle, fire extinguisher, flare gun, tools, etc. and my light stuff (life vests, ponchos, spare clothes) in the back.
    I find it rides better WOT too because you can lower your hyd plate while running and raise the whole hull, not just the bow.

Also, I've been able to get up on plane in about 18" of water (soft mud marsh bottom). Start with your hyd plate raised (prop to pad @ 0") and motor trimmed up. Make sure steering wheel is straight, punch the throttle and trim both down as it accelerates. That's with a 225 SHO. Not sure how a 2 stroke would react.
    Frank

Stock 2012 SHO 225 with 255 hours
    2000 ZX 202-C hull