2018 Triton TRX 18 setup question

I have a 2018 trx 18 with a 2018 pro xs 200.
    i have only been able to get about 5050-5100 RPM at 63 mph. At WOT... I am running a fury 24 with no or very little rooster tail. Boat does not chin walk though. Does anyone else have this setup? How high are you running your motor? I have found several post with folks running tempest but not with the fury. I seem to remember the tempest lets you run a little higher... anyway what would be a good starting point to set my motor height... is anyone getting higher RPMs with the 2018 pro xs. I have heard mercury had lowered the rpms in its last year.
    thanks in advance I appreciate any help on motor height because I finally got the Z lock jack plate loosened up and able to move it.

2. Member
    Have you had the engine checked to ensure you are getting full throttle. I am assuming you are trimming the engine for optimum performance. If all is well with the engine, measure your current prop to pad for a baseline. Adjust your motor height and note results. If your baseline is around 4 inches then for sure start raising your plate and test. Always watch your water pressure. I just installed a new 200 ProXS Opti on my Stratos and I am in the process of doing the same. I believe max RPM is 5750 for that motor but check you owners manual to be sure. (Adjust in 1/4 inch increments).

3. Member
    Posted on Triton thread
    Last edited by bigpig; 01-24-2019 at 11:33 PM.

4. Member
    If it's a 2 stroke motor the rpm's have always been 5750 at WOT on a 200. You need to raise the motor up closer to 3" under pad.