Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Winter golf gloves. If really cold will wear them under Cabela's Guideware half-finger gloves

2. Member
    Home Depot carries some inexpensive gloves with a pocket for the heat pouches on the back of the hand. You have to look inside the gloves to see the opening.

3. Member
    I bought some sealskinz a couple weeks ago. Wore them to play in the snow with my son. They are waterproof and warm. Not sure how good my dexterity will be with them for casting but i aim to put them to the test on dale hollow tomorrow. I may have to cut the thumb out to thumb the spool or the right index finger out to throw a spinning rod. Will report back
    They aint got hands, set the hook

4. Member
    I buy 2-3 pairs of gloves every year, trying different ones. If it’s 38 degrees or above I wear thin wool liners. My hands get cold even if it’s 45. I wear a heavier glove, but still thin like a driving glove on my left hand when using spinning reel. Thin fleece works well. Recently bought a pair of Drake shooter gloves with windstopper that I like. I tried the 100 mph bass pro gloves but I usually wear medium so I don’t have extra finger length and they were too tight across palm and too thick to fish in. The sealskins seem to let wind thru and my hands feel colder. They are just a little too thick for dexterity. On cold days I place a hand warmer in my sleeve under my wrist. More comfortable than putting it in the glove and it warms the blood coming to your fingers. I’ve been meaning to dig my wool golf gloves out to try. Looks like there are lots of guys smarter than me already doing that. When it’s wet I take several pair with me to change them when they get wet and cold. Maybe I should try the latex surgical gloves over the liners when it rains!

5. Banned
    I went to the Fly fishing section of Bass Pro Shop and bought 2 pair of finger-less gloves and a box of Hot Hands. Placing an individual Hot Hand on the BACK SIDE of each hand inside the finger-less glove. About 20 minuets later both hands/fingers are warm to fish with comfort.

You have to have two pair. One for running and one for fishing. No one glove works well for both.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

7. Banned
    I got 2 pairs just to have a spare pair. I kept one pair in the truck and the other in the boat along with ample Hot Hands. I've had these gloves for several years and always used them when cold weather hits the area never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Heelman99 View Post
    I went to the Fly fishing section of Bass Pro Shop and bought 2 pair of finger-less gloves and a box of Hot Hands. Placing an individual Hot Hand on the BACK SIDE of each hand inside the finger-less glove. About 20 minuets later both hands/fingers are warm to fish with comfort.
    This is a great tip. A similar one I've had luck with after reading it somewhere that was likely this board is to use the terry-cloth style wristbands basketball players (used to?) wear. Put one at each wrist, and stick a hand warmer under the wristband. Seems like underside works here which is opposite to the glove positioning, but works just the same. I tend to prefer this because it never fails that I end up dropping a hand warmer into the drink with the other method when I take off a glove for whatever reason, hopefully to land a fish. This way the hand warmers stay put even if you remove a glove.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

9. Member
    Cabelas have some awesome ones. Mitten tops that fold back to half fingers. I've tried many different ones and these are by far the best.

Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    You have to have two pair. One for running and one for fishing. No one glove works well for both.
    Thats true .

11. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Ergodyne ProFlex 817WP
    but can you fish with these on?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Mechanics gloves they sell them at Walmart,

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

13. Member
    Latex gloves to keep water off skin. Wool fingerless gloves on top. If really cold put hand warmer under latex glove.

14. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Haze View Post
    Wool gloves, cut finger tips out....put hand warmers in them
    This... but mine came without finger tips. I can cast with these.

And light cheap gloves with rubber palms for running from spot to spot in the fall/spring.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

15. Member
    Wear gloves running, but just can not fish in gloves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12