St Croix mojo 7 mhmf rod

Hey guys looking to see what you guys think on this rods, st Croix mojo bass 7’ med-hvy mod-fast. It’s listed as a Spinnerbait rod witch I intend to use it for and also chatterbaits. What do the think of it? I’ll be throwing 3/8-1/2 on the rod. Never have seen one in person so figured I’d ask! Thanks

2. Member
    I have one and I love it. I actually use it as my buzzbait rod. Great rod. I dont think you will be disappointed in it for what you want to use it for

3. Member
    Awesome I don’t know why buzzbait slipped my mind with that round, maybe I’ll just order a couple

4. Banned
    I've got the same rod in the spinning version; it should work good for what you want.

5. Banned
    Makes a great crankbait rod!

6. Member
    My first ever baitcasting rod and I still love it. Great for chatterbaits and lipless cranks as long as you’re not around grass. You need something with a faster tip for ripping baits out of grass

7. Member
    I have an older mojo of that rod and it was great. I had 3 eyelets pop out so it’s now a beater rod but I’ve always liked it for Crankbaits and chatterbaits. It’s a soft action when you set the hook so might have to drill them with a chatterbait but it’ll be what you’re looking for
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    Think many of you are mistakenly thinking this is the crankbait model. This is the spinnerbait model it’s modfast not moderate
    Nitro z21

9. Banned
    I have that rod except fast action not mod fast. Mine is rated 12-20lb. Test 3/8-1oz. baits. It has spinner bait listed on the handle. Lots of backbone, seems true to the labeling. I don’t throw anything under a 1/2 oz. on it. Decent rod for the money but I don’t think it will win a lot of sensitivity contests, but that’s what I expected for the price / power and action

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I have an older mojo of that rod and it was great. I had 3 eyelets pop out so it’s now a beater rod but I’ve always liked it for Crankbaits and chatterbaits. It’s a soft action when you set the hook so might have to drill them with a chatterbait but it’ll be what you’re looking for
    I have this rod and I thought it was under powered for a 1/2 ounce chatter bait with trailer. I wouldnt throw a spinnerbait on it. Not sure why they consider it a spinnerbait rod. Too light imo. Maybe just me though. I really dont use it much but it would be good for some cranks.

11. Member
    That’s the only thing I was worried about was feeling under powered for 1/2 chatter or spinnerbaits when you add a trailer. I wish they made the rod in a heavy power with the mod-fast action.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    Makes a great crankbait rod!
    This. Its what I found it best for. Really light too. Way better than the first Gens.

I use mine for Jerkbaits
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilDance View Post
    I have one and I love it. I actually use it as my buzzbait rod. Great rod. I dont think you will be disappointed in it for what you want to use it for
    Same here. I throw chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, and top water with the 3 I have and the hookup ratio is great. Awesome rods for these applications
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

15. Member
    Well I went to Cabela’s and found the rod . After handling it I think I’m may be slightly underpowered for throwing 1/2 baits with trailers. I’ll still get one I think just my feeling on the rod, just seemed a little soft.

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I think it’s a very versatile rod; great for topwaters, squarebills, mid depth cranks and 3/8 spinnerbaits and bladed jigs. I think it doesn’t have the tip for 1/2 oz baits.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

17. Member
    That’s how I felt with the rod, anything from a 1/4 to 3/8 with a trailer it would do well !

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I think it’s a very versatile rod; great for topwaters, squarebills, mid depth cranks and 3/8 spinnerbaits and bladed jigs. I think it doesn’t have the tip for 1/2 oz baits.
    Agree with this^^^^
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke