Ranger Aluminum Blue Water LED Install Questions

Good afternoon! Given it is 18 degrees outside it is as good as time as any to throw a set of LEDs into my Ranger 198P. I installed these lights into my 1997 Skeeter which was a simple and straight forward process. On this boat however access to wiring is much more limited so drilling and running the wires under the gunnel doesnt seem practical. I hoped anyone who has done this on their tin Ranger could provide some insight on how they went about with the install. Your help is much appreciated and here is a virtual bear for your efforts!

Thanks!
    Cameron

2. Member
    Pm sent

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CBuckBassin View Post
    Good afternoon! Given it is 18 degrees outside it is as good as time as any to throw a set of LEDs into my Ranger 198P. I installed these lights into my 1997 Skeeter which was a simple and straight forward process. On this boat however access to wiring is much more limited so drilling and running the wires under the gunnel doesnt seem practical. I hoped anyone who has done this on their tin Ranger could provide some insight on how they went about with the install. Your help is much appreciated and here is a virtual bear for your efforts!

Thanks!
    Cameron
    A virtual bear?

4. Member
    Lmfao. Great typo lol

5. Member
    I installed mine wireing under the bump strip and ran them back to the rear then down the feeder tube back to the concil.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

6. Member
    Looks like it would be a job for sure. If anyone does it, video it if you have time and share.

7. Member
    I did it on my last. 188 that got sent back for cracks, and did it on the one I just got. It's a job but not terrible. Only had to drill 6 holes 3 on each side. Hardest part was reinstalling the bump strip. I wouldn't recommend doing it in the cold. You will never get the rubber bump strip in. Took me about 6 hours total.

8. Member
    I did it on my last. 188 that got sent back for cracks, and did it on the one I just got. It's a job but not terrible. Only had to drill 6 holes 3 on each side. Hardest part was reinstalling the bump strip. I wouldn't recommend doing it in the cold. You will never get the rubber bump strip in. Took me about 6 hours total.

9. Member
    I am about to start on my 178 and the deck lights have me the most concerned, specifically the passenger side since there isn't much great access.