Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    We are all sinners of this world. The main thing is he worked for the good of many. Whether he did it for fame or fortune only he knows, but many have benefited.
    Well said!!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Plagiarism maybe, not a big deal,
    I had never heard about the alleged plagiarism before. So, I have no idea if it's true or not. But, it would be relatively easy to verify or refute. But, if true, it's a HUGE deal. Even at the undergraduate level, plagiarism will get you kicked out of college. At the graduate level, it would ban you from your chosen profession for life.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Banned
    Active minority shooter in the mall by me.....hey happy MLK day thou.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    Most mass shooters in this he states are Caucasian. Happy MLK day to you too. Know your statistics.

5. Member
    Dr King may, or may not have ...some of the issues supposedly presented. Thomas Jefferson was no Saint either, but despite his mortal shortcomings, inspired many to reach beyond themselves in order to form a country unlike any other. Dr. King did likewise. I did not see this as a teenager, listening to him speak. But the man brought about true citizenship for a group of people freed by the blood of the Civil war, and made US citizens. It matters to me now, I had family perish in that war.

He was never really a doctor but I did respect him gratefully

7. Member
    MLK had his PHd in theology, thus the Dr. designation, many people are afforded the same courtesy in this and other Countries. Some choose not to acknowledge that for whatever reasons. Dr. King ranks right up there with other Patriots of this Country both in his public and private life.

9. Member
    Lets celebrate the good he did accomplish. No man other than Christ has lived without sin.

10. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I had never heard about the alleged plagiarism before. So, I have no idea if it's true or not. But, it would be relatively easy to verify or refute. But, if true, it's a HUGE deal. Even at the undergraduate level, plagiarism will get you kicked out of college. At the graduate level, it would ban you from your chosen profession for life.
    The plagiarism did not come up until years after his death, it was investigated and found that there were some items which did not fully comply with the rules and could be considered plagiarism but the school it was not cause for disavowing his doctoral degree. It was more of a teaching moment which did not occur versus someone blatantly works as their own. Had no bearing on what he did as a man after college.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

11. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    Here's to the man behind the holiday, and his pursuit of the dream of civil rights and inclusion, who gave his life so that others could be free!
    He was a Trouble Maker...Just another Day without Mail in my area. Can't we all get along > Me in my neighborhood and you in your Neighborhood..

Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    Thanks for the contribution to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    He was a Trouble Maker...Just another Day without Mail in my area. Can't we all get along > Me in my neighborhood and you in your Neighborhood..
    Wow!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123