Tire Recommendation

I have a 2006 Triton TR-21x. I bought the boat in 2010 with brand new Goodyear Marathons 215/75/14. Those tires have been great and I still have them...going on 9th season. I do not travel much, am going to start making some 2 - 3 hour trips to different lakes soon. What recommendations do you have for tires and where to get them?

2. Member
    You are probably several years over due to replace the tires. The Marathons you have were probably made in China. If they still are available I would not buy them or any Chinese made tire. Buy the Goodyear Endurance. Much better tire and made in Alabama.

3. Member
    Endurance, put them on early last year, so far so good

4. Member
    Thanks for the help. I have yet to have any problems with my tires, but I just assume its probably about time to replace them.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Your tires are due for a change because of time alone. The Goodyear Endurance are the consensus “best” most times in these threads.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    You are a little over due for new tires. 9 years is lifetime plus in trailer tires. Most boat owners will never wear down the tread prior to having to replace tires. I would suspect since you are happy with Goodyear you would choose them again. Not a bad choice and after all that brand did well for you.

Another one worth considering is Carlisle Radial Trail HD.

In any event both brands will do well.

7. Member
    If you are talking Chinese made trailer tires I agree they are probably all the same quality. I have had two blown tires with Carlisle"s. Both times the company agreed it was internal tread separation and replaced them for free and paid to repair the boat fenders. I only kept the 3rd set on my boat trailer long enough to get a set of Goodyear Endurance installed, which was about 2 weeks. I wont run Chinese made boat trailer tires.

8. DewRonInc
    Cooper has very good trailer tires also

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    Cooper has very good trailer tires also
    I don’t think Cooper makes trailer tires under their name unless it is something new. Got a model or name?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    You are a little over due for new tires. 9 years is lifetime plus in trailer tires. Most boat owners will never wear down the tread prior to having to replace tires. I would suspect since you are happy with Goodyear you would choose them again. Not a bad choice and after all that brand did well for you.

Another one worth considering is Carlisle Radial Trail HD.

In any event both brands will do well.
    I have these from tire rack they are awesome !! Also have your bearings pulled and repacked!!

11. Member
    I have had multiple tire failures running Carlilses. Blown fenders and $1250 in damage each time. Will run them on my trailer only to get my boat back home. Chinese tires are not a good quality tire. But that is my opinion based on my own personal experience.

12. Member
    Cooper duro is their trailor tires
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

13. Member
    Made in Mississippi plant
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

14. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    Cooper duro is their trailor tires
    The only Google hits I get for Duro trailer tires is a company that is a division of HWA Fong Rubber Company who makes tires in Thailand and China. No connection to Cooper that I see.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​