Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    I hate 3 things about the C-rig.
    1) What a pain it is to re-tie a lost one
    2) How easy the get caught up and lost in structure
    3) How well my buddies catch fish on them once I start throwing something else.
    I can help you with #1....I have about 20 rigged and in individual zip lock bags ready to go at all times.

I use the same set up. Have done well on many creature baits and also caught some good fish using centipedes.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    I hate 3 things about the C-rig.
    1) What a pain it is to re-tie a lost one
    2) How easy the get caught up and lost in structure
    3) How well my buddies catch fish on them once I start throwing something else.
    Use Carolina keepers. One knot. Also use mono and lead, shouldn't be any need to use tungsten with a 1/2+ weight and tungsten will shred your line.

4. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    I am more of a shallow fisherman and the fish are usually in thick weeds out deep, so I really don't ever use it on the natural lakes I fish. Only time I'd really ever use it would be to drag a tube or plastic on Lake Erie when it really gets rough. Maybe I'm overlooking a good technique, but it's definitely never rigged up in my rod locker.
    For me it's good for getting the skunk out of the boat. A turd worm or trick worm depending on water temp is good for when things get REALLY tough. I hate fishing the ball and chain normally but sometimes you do what you gotta do. I'd rather throw it over a lamp shade any day of the week!
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    I do as well. Not because I am in deep water but I want to cover a lot of water and a 1 oz sinker allows me to do that. I feel like I can read the bottom better as well.

Do you all use technique in the winter?
    I use it year round but not as much in the winter

6. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    All I know is a Zoom speedcraw doesn't work well, honest.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

7. Member
    My favorite weight is the old Gambler

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gamb...age-GBCRW.html

I use a mono leader and fish a brush hog or a big speed worm most of the time. I use my 7.5 foot flipping, frogging, and C'rig rod with 65 pound braid on a Lews Super Duty.

Used on deep Smallmouth with tubes. I have had success in weeds, normally shallow ones that are thick but holes like on the Potomac.
    It's more of a split shot, but a 1/8 bullet made up as c rig over deep thick milfoil, has been very successful.

9. Member
    Just picked up a daiwa tatula 200 hs (7:1 ratio) for Carolina rigging over the weekend. I use a falcon bucoo sr 7'4" and a 8:1 tatula CT with 20 lb test currently and nearly spool it every cast. (I use 1 and 1 1/4 oz tungsten weights). Can't wait to see if I can sling one even further this year and keep my hook up ratio.

This video has got me even more hyped thank you.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I don’t do it often but when I do it’s a 1oz brass sinker with an orange bead before the swivel. 30lb Suffix 832 main line, 4-6’ of 14lb Big Game on either a baby brush hog or a floating worm rigged Texas style. I use an old Jimmy Houston Shimano Rod, 7’ hvy/Fast with an old Quantum Accurist.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I don’t know if I’m to violent when I cast but I always make the weight move the bobber stop when I tried it.

Braid with 12 or 14lb mono leader for me. 3/4 ounce tungsten weight most of the time.

13. Member
    For those that use carolina keepers, do you still use the bead/clacker or just let the weight slide into the keeper? I carolina rig a lot for 2 months and almost always use 1/2oz sinker

i use 20lb fluoro mainline and 20lb fluoro leader and struggle with breakoffs due to the weigh fraying my line something awful pretty quick. Been thinking of switching to 20lb big game this year just for my car rig
    They aint got hands, set the hook

14. Member
    I just use the Carolina keeper , no bead. Kind of like a mojo/split shot rig on steroids lol
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    For those that use carolina keepers, do you still use the bead/clacker or just let the weight slide into the keeper? I carolina rig a lot for 2 months and almost always use 1/2oz sinker

i use 20lb fluoro mainline and 20lb fluoro leader and struggle with breakoffs due to the weigh fraying my line something awful pretty quick. Been thinking of switching to 20lb big game this year just for my car rig
    Are you using lead or tungsten? I use heavy tungsten and don't have problems with the weight fraying the line but do have to check and retie my mainline knot twice as often as I do my leader

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post

Are you using lead or tungsten? I use heavy tungsten on 20lb fluoro and don't have problems with the weight fraying the line but do have to check and retie my mainline knot more than I do my leader due to just dragging the bottom and over rocks.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKFerzy7 View Post
    Are you using lead or tungsten? I use heavy tungsten on 20lb fluoro and don't have problems with the weight fraying the line but do have to check and retie my mainline knot more than I do my leader due to just dragging the bottom and over rocks.
    Ive tried lead brass and steel. I can use the same leader nearly all day but have to retie my mainline every 20 minutes. I do fish it around some gnarly rock thats rough on line
    They aint got hands, set the hook

18. Member
    Usually have at least 3 different C rigs. My favorite way to fish. Slow and easy on an old man.

Started fishing BFL's as a Co up on the river last year. Learned quick that c rig is a CO's best friend.

30lb braid 1oz tungsten w/2 beads,15 sniper, creature bait or a 10" worm. This has worked great for me. Have on the deck everytime the boat is on the water.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast