SYNTHETIC BOARDS .... a solid choice for some rigs.

THE CASE FOR SYNTHETIC BUNK BOARDS
    ==========================
    Do you keep a 150hp+ rig over 5 years, especially in the damp south???…then consider synthetic boards

Ultimate Boards of Georgia now has synthetic bunk boards with an aluminum base below them...
    due to this move they are super strong BUT get ALL boards replaced at once or 2 of the 4
    will be a half inch too low or high for your hull to touch all 4 at once as they should...

They are not cheap ($173 for 6 foot pair & $373 for a pair of 11 footers) BUT
    no rot ever, no tacks ever, no carpet ever no worries ever. Remember if a board breaks at the launcher wherever
    that day is ruined and your hull may suffer a very expensive fiberglass repair...far more to repair than the synthetics cost.

My 2016 ZX225 ($52k) already had some serious rot of the shorter 6 foot outside boards due to "5 years" of trips so
    when I replaced them experienced the original 11 footers not touching so have ordered the synthetic 11 footers for the middle.

Just back up very slowly when the trailer tires get in the water because your hull will slide into the lake a lot easier.
    Last edited by reelman; 01-20-2019 at 04:09 PM.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

2. Member
    Reelman....these reallly appeal to me. Love the idea of changing over to them and not worrying about my bunks ever again. The new aluminum supports seem to address the sag issue that some noted was a prior issue.

But...I’ve heard they can scratch your hull. Any feedback or insight?

I have a little 2008 Skeeter 180ZX that I plan on running for the next 10+ years.

I’ve posted on this before. The scratch issue (and getting them to Canada) is the only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger.

Thanks...Boyo

Have had 3 sets since 2002 and I file off the water edge of the boards for maybe 45 seconds on each board...no scratch at all...actually had REGULAR (no aluminum) outside synthetics on my 2012 TZX180
    Last edited by reelman; 01-20-2019 at 04:13 PM.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

4. Member
    I appreciate the feedback sir...will enquire about getting them into Canada...thank you...

5. Member
    I have these on my trailer now and they are great maintenance wise. They are also nice solo fishing because I can just push the boat off the trailer by hand with a launch cord. It also makes it easy to load and unload on shallow ramps. I leave the tongue strap on till I'm in the water and put it on before pulling the boat out, the boat slides down wayyyy to easy to risk it otherwise.